IGNORED

New Goldwing

etcswjoe

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What! No air cooled V-twin?:stickpoke:

I think I really like it. It appears to be made to lean over farther before dragging and is LIGHTER! If they offer demo rides, I'll go for one on this bike. This might make me go crazy and spend a ton of money? :mo money:

"Although instantly recognisable as a ‘Wing, the new bike is a radical departure from the glacially evolved existing model. The most striking impression is that the new ‘Wing will be considerably lighter than the outgoing version, with a healthy reduction in bulk as the bulbous fairings and whale-like front-end make way for a much sharper styled package that’s likely to appeal to a slightly younger and more tech-focussed buyer."

:crackup:,,, looking at the front end diabolical grin on that thing (sort of resembles a new Venture IMHO) I think it just wreaks of "I got your turning the touring world upside down right here baby" happening.. Be interesting to see some engine specs!! Cant wait to see if those Honda fellers decided to :stickpoke: with Beemer and put some real umphhh into the competitive touring market with this one..

WOWZY is that purdy!! Will DEFINITLY be lookin for a demo opportunity if it presents itself!!!:biker:

THANKS FOR THE INFO JOE!!!! You da man ya hippy!!!:guitarist 2:

Heyyy,, wait a minute,, you gotta 1800 Wing dont cha Joe?? I never ever even did get to get my grubby lil fingers on one of those yet. How does it compare to your 2nd Gen power wise and handling wise?

Lets talk scoots you ol Navy man you!!

I like it a lot. If Honda could improve on their design I would like to test drive one of these. The 85 venture Royal I had was the best bike I ever had but the age and maintenance required was above my comfort zone. Then I bought a 02 wing and was surprised how well it fit me (short and chubby )and the get up and go ( it should for 6 cylinders ). I like the Goldwing and this group too.

:crackup:,,, looking at the front end diabolical grin on that thing (sort of resembles a new Venture IMHO) I think it just wreaks of "I got your turning the touring world upside down right here baby" happening.. Be interesting to see some engine specs!! Cant wait to see if those Honda fellers decided to :stickpoke: with Beemer and put some real umphhh into the competitive touring market with this one..

WOWZY is that purdy!! Will DEFINITLY be lookin for a demo opportunity if it presents itself!!!:biker:

THANKS FOR THE INFO JOE!!!! You da man ya hippy!!!:guitarist 2:

Heyyy,, wait a minute,, you gotta 1800 Wing dont cha Joe?? I never ever even did get to get my grubby lil fingers on one of those yet. How does it compare to your 2nd Gen power wise and handling wise?

Lets talk scoots you ol Navy man you!!

I may have mentioned this before but the main reason I bought the Goldwing is my doctor told me with my diabetes I needed to cut down on the carbs so I sold one of my Ventures and bought the Gold Wing.

The Wing has more pep than the 2nd Gen, not as much shifting in the mountains when pulling a trailer and easier to get around traffic in the city. It handles like a first gen slow and fast. Since my hip started hurting the Wing is a little more comfortable but not as much room as the 2nd Gen.

I rode my 2nd Gen all week this week and I still really enjoy riding it but it seems to weigh a ton compared to the Wing.

Looks like it has some strange looking front forks. I don't see two tubes above the front wheel? What do you guys think?

I like the looks of it though.

Will keep an eye peeled for this to hit the show room for sure.

J.T.

OK I just read the article. They are radical setup forks. Me likey!

I like the style of it and to me I see little things that resemble am MK1 1st gen. The pointy side bags with the very similar paint scheme as a MK1 and the sides of the fairing also, at least in this picture and from the angle taken.

I still have to say that the 30+ year old styling of the MK1 was way ahead of its time.

Randy

I like the style of it and to me I see little things that resemble am MK1 1st gen. The pointy side bags with the very similar paint scheme as a MK1 and the sides of the fairing also, at least in this picture and from the angle taken.

I still have to say that the 30+ year old styling of the MK1 was way ahead of its time.

Randy

I agree. When I look at it, I see an updated Gen I.

Interesting! I sometimes get that my CTX1300 looks like a mini-GoldWing.

But looking at this new GoldWing it looks like a bigger CTX and is styled along the CTX family lines......just my :2cents: :bowdown:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OK I'll knock it off with the "CTX great bike" stuff and go back to my corner now! :biker:

Interesting! I sometimes get that my CTX1300 looks like a mini-GoldWing.

But looking at this new GoldWing it looks like a bigger CTX and is styled along the CTX family lines......just my :2cents: :bowdown:

OK I'll knock it off with the "CTX great bike" stuff and go back to my corner now! :biker:

The CTX as you know has a feet forward position which makes the riding position different. I wish Honda had not neutered the V4 ST1300 engine when they put it in the CTX. Evidently the cruiser chassis is not suited for high speed maneuvering because all the cruiser style bikes are down on hp.

I think it looks good but still not the riding position that I prefer. I just like the feet forward cruiser styling. That foot under or back position just hurts me.

I'm in agreement, it doesn't work as well as it did at age 25. I would already have a wing but I found no comfortable place to put my feet. I love the look of this new wing, looks like it lost some girth and the stodgy displacement. BMW fired some shots with the new K bike, maybe Honda is returning fire. I may go throw a leg over one and see how it fits.