United States
    WV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Goldwing

I looked at it once and didn't like it. Maybe I need to take another look and quit dreaming of a New V-Max engine on a 1st Gen.....
    1st GENS RULE
    Faded Blue is the fastest.
    "Blue Beast" will live forever

Canada
    BC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two days to go then!
    Don't mess in the affairs of Dragons... for you taste good charred & with ketchup!

3. Likes cowpuc liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

,,,, what da heck,,, must be the year for corporate chain jerking of the consumer or something

1st Polaris yanks the rug out from under their faithful Victory riders...
    Next Mom Yam pulls our strings by telling us she is gonna turn the touring world upside down and ends up using an Air Cooled motor to attempt to perform that task.
    Now Honda, good ol dependable Honda, said they were gonna do a series of teaser vids up to the unveil day of the 24th.. Problem is,, it's the 24'th and no additional vid's and no unveil.. Getting kinda nervous,,,,, in a good kind of way,,, come on Honda,, lower the boom, make motorcycling history like you did with the SOHC750 - CR250M Elsinore - TRX250R Quad - MB5 - Hurricane and so many others, hope we aint been had (again) and this is all about a 175 horse Beemer whoopin of a machine with precision frame/steering geometry that leaves nothing but a vapor trail and leaning over of Ponderosa Pine trees up on the entrance of the North Rim for those tourers so inclined to enjoy such a thrill..
    Kretz = An explanation about all that time flying by? When you were a young scallywag, say 6 years old; one year was a 6th of your lifetime. Now at 60; one year is a 60th of your lifespan & so seems to whiz by in a blink of the proverbial eye. Ten times as fast as when you were that little kid!

United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cowpuc View Post
    ,,,, what da heck,,, must be the year for corporate chain jerking of the consumer or something

1st Polaris yanks the rug out from under their faithful Victory riders...
    Next Mom Yam pulls our strings by telling us she is gonna turn the touring world upside down and ends up using an Air Cooled motor to attempt to perform that task.
    Now Honda, good ol dependable Honda, said they were gonna do a series of teaser vids up to the unveil day of the 24th.. Problem is,, it's the 24'th and no additional vid's and no unveil.. Getting kinda nervous,,,,, in a good kind of way,,, come on Honda,, lower the boom, make motorcycling history like you did with the SOHC750 - CR250M Elsinore - TRX250R Quad - MB5 - Hurricane and so many others, hope we aint been had (again) and this is all about a 175 horse Beemer whoopin of a machine with precision frame/steering geometry that leaves nothing but a vapor trail and leaning over of Ponderosa Pine trees up on the entrance of the North Rim for those tourers so inclined to enjoy such a thrill..

Looks like 9PM CST.... I'm hoping we see something nice!!!!

Remember to tune into a Facebook Live broadcast today at 7PM PDT. We have something special to show you all. #WhatLiesBeyond

https://www.facebook.com/HondaPowers...wxF-rk&fref=nf

6. Thanks cowpuc gave thanks for this post
    Likes cowpuc liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Looks like 9PM CST.... I'm hoping we see something nice!!!!

Remember to tune into a Facebook Live broadcast today at 7PM PDT. We have something special to show you all. #WhatLiesBeyond

https://www.facebook.com/HondaPowers...wxF-rk&fref=nf
    That may very well happen Brewster BUT = what about those remaining teaser vids?? They promised and we need em.. I WANT MY TEASER VIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kretz = An explanation about all that time flying by? When you were a young scallywag, say 6 years old; one year was a 6th of your lifetime. Now at 60; one year is a 60th of your lifespan & so seems to whiz by in a blink of the proverbial eye. Ten times as fast as when you were that little kid!

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently there will be a new Valkyrie also.

Last edited by RandyR; 10-24-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    Dahlonega, GA. The past was good enough for us.

9. Thanks cowpuc, BlueSky gave thanks for this post
    Likes cowpuc, Kretz liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RandyR View Post
    Apparently there will be a new Valkyrie also.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW is that PURDY!! THAT right there has some serious design changes happening!!

Almost got a Gen 2 V-Max aura about it - LOOKS GREAT!!! Be interesting to see some specs on it!!

United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wait,, I typed the above before I pushed play on the vid.. The bike showing in the post is not the one in the video ad,, now I wonder what the bike in the post pic is of,,,

Canada
    BC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is one KEWL looking scoot! The music's not bad either... Well done Honda! of course it'll be way too much for me to afford. But on the face of it, that's one good looking bike! Rock On!
    Don't mess in the affairs of Dragons... for you taste good charred & with ketchup!

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cowpuc View Post
    Oh wait,, I typed the above before I pushed play on the vid.. The bike showing in the post is not the one in the video ad,, now I wonder what the bike in the post pic is of,,,
    I presumed the one there is a picture of before the video starts is some special cost variant or some-such. I suppose we'll know more soon.

14. Likes cowpuc liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I presumed the one there is a picture of before the video starts is some special cost variant or some-such. I suppose we'll know more soon.
    THAT right there is the one I LIKE = A LOT!!

United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and thanks for replying to that R,,, for a minute there I thought I was seeing things,, hallucinatin images of cool scoots as it were...

United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a live stream of the Tokyo Motor Show happening right now.. I wonder if this is where its where the new Honda will show up shortly??

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was at that facebook link that was posted. I watched. it was 30 minutes of Honda sales guys talking to some local dealers and showing a few videos they will use for future media spots. Just the Goldwing and bagger models we've already seen. Nothing about the new Valkyrie. Claimed 20% better gas mileage with new engineering. Thats always a good thing for a touring bike. As well as better performance and handling. 8 year warranty. 3 year full factory, and 5 more available extended warranty.

Its on the regular web page now. msrp base model $23,500
    https://powersports.honda.com/2018/gold-wing.aspx
    Last edited by RandyR; 10-24-2017 at 10:47 PM.

19. Likes cowpuc liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed,, just caught the unveil in California.. WOW = nice scoot!! Here is a link to the new video release = definitely a step in the right direction and then some IMHO... I cant wait to see the specs on this new 4 valve motor. They said they dropped over 90 pounds off the total weight = would LOVE to calculate a HP/weight ratio!! Could be really interesting!!!!
    https://powersports.honda.com/2018/gold-wing.aspx#

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast