MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by The Tooch View Post
    Interesting! I sometimes get that my CTX1300 looks like a mini-GoldWing.

But looking at this new GoldWing it looks like a bigger CTX and is styled along the CTX family lines......just my

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/at...hmentid=110513

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/at...hmentid=110514

OK I'll knock it off with the "CTX great bike" stuff and go back to my corner now!
    Something really really interesting... A couple days before Tip, Tweeks and I headed for Americade to watch the unveiling of the new Venture and tour the east coast we stopped at our local Yam/Honda shop to see if they had any insider info as to whether or not the trip would be fruitful (they had no clue but said they highly doubted I was gonna get my wish granted for a V-Max motored new Venture)..
    After yakking for a while, one of the salesmen took me over and showed me a couple left over CTX's like yours Tooch.. NICE scoot!! Told me they were a hard sell here in West Michigan for some odd reason and offered me a brand new left over for $7500... Rethinking it all,, THAT was probably a real steal of a deal!!!
    Later,, bumped into a couple guys (father and son team) out CTFW in the middle of Nevada on a pair of brand new CTX's = definitely a worthy piece of touring machine IMHO = extremely quiet and very very worthy of the long road according to them!!
    Kretz = An explanation about all that time flying by? When you were a young scallywag, say 6 years old; one year was a 6th of your lifetime. Now at 60; one year is a 60th of your lifespan & so seems to whiz by in a blink of the proverbial eye. Ten times as fast as when you were that little kid!

2. Likes The Tooch liked this post
    United States
    WV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of this talk about Goldwing's having mid foot position and controls. There is a gentleman that lives in Charlestown WV. that has forward controls on a 1500 Wing. I know this for a fact because I made them and installed them on the bike at my house. He still has use of the mid controls if he needs them.

4. Thanks cowpuc gave thanks for this post
    Likes cowpuc liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slowrollwv View Post
    All of this talk about Goldwing's having mid foot position and controls. There is a gentleman that lives in Charlestown WV. that has forward controls on a 1500 Wing. I know this for a fact because I made them and installed them on the bike at my house. He still has use of the mid controls if he needs them.
    NOW we're cooking with hot touring grease Chuck!!

,, you go over, under or beside those heads sticking out down there on that puppy ,,?

,, that right there would be the VERY best of both worlds IMHO = would LOVE to see a pic or two of what you came up with if ya happen to have snapped a couple
    Kretz = An explanation about all that time flying by? When you were a young scallywag, say 6 years old; one year was a 6th of your lifetime. Now at 60; one year is a 60th of your lifespan & so seems to whiz by in a blink of the proverbial eye. Ten times as fast as when you were that little kid!

United States
    WV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went off the engine guards and ran every thing under the motor. I have some pics but they are stored in Photobucket and can't post them. Sorry. I have had several people want me to make then again but I would not do it as I closed my shop.

7. Thanks cowpuc gave thanks for this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slowrollwv View Post
    I went off the engine guards and ran every thing under the motor. I have some pics but they are stored in Photobucket and can't post them. Sorry. I have had several people want me to make then again but I would not do it as I closed my shop.
    I hear that brother!! Comes a point in a mans life when its time to ride more and work on em less IMHO.. I been a life long wrench spinning gear headed mad man and ya know what,, days are coming here that I often think about no more wrenchin and only riding.. Whats happenin to us Roller?? You just an ol Hippy trying to adjust too?

Hey,, speaking of ol Hippies trying to adjust,,, take a look at this vid of the new one being unveiled at Americade in NY.. Notice the crowd in the opening shot located in front of the guy doing the world wide simulcast of the new machine, look right on top of and toward the back of the trunk on the grey Venture = should be viewable before you even click start on the vid.. Notice the varmint with the VR West Virginia International shirt (one of my very favorite shirts of all time = I wear it with pride) sitting in the front row just to the left of the announcer = just another ol hippy,, trying to adjust
    ***** P.S. = if you watch the vid in its entirety you will even get to see Tippy in there helping me with that adjusting - as if thats possible!!

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camos View Post
    Initially I found the seating position on the gen 1's a bit cramped however, after 8 years riding one it does not seem to be much of an issue. Highway pegs are a necessity though.

A couple of years ago I was talking to a Winger in a parking lot about leg room etc. He had a 2003 GW and he was about the same height as me, 6' 3". He had a new seat made that moved his butt back a bit and was a little higher. I sat on his bike and it was surprisingly comfortable. That, of course does not relate to being comfortable for a days ride but my Mk II is so I'm guessing they are at least equal in that department.

If you are not so old and crippled that you can't bend your knees then it is just a matter of getting used to the position. Seems to me this whole legroom thing is more a matter of style than practical necessity. Easy Rider VS MC jockey.

The new Wing looks like it might have a bit more knee room than the older models.
    I just found whenever I rode a gold wing the cyl heads did not leave any room for my feet.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND

10. Thanks cowpuc gave thanks for this post
    United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, the new Wing with a 1700cc V4 (what I was hoping for in the Gen3 Venture) would give you more room for your feet and would REALLY get me excited! But I'm only one in the crowd and I got outvoted. I realized a long time ago that my opinion doesn't count for much.
    1989 Yamaha Venture Royale
    1985 Kawasaki ZN700 4cyl shaft

United States
    ID
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited! Stopped by my local dealer to see if he had any "new news", and he just shook his head. "Honda never gives us anything in advance. You know as much as I do."

I've heard that it will have "current" technology. Can't wait to see if they have full bluetooth capabilities.

Coupla weeks and we'll know!

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm signed up for the Goldwing 2018 'news'. Here is the latest teaser.

Dahlonega, GA. The past was good enough for us.

14. Likes cowpuc liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RandyR View Post
    I'm signed up for the Goldwing 2018 'news'. Here is the latest teaser.

http://contentz.mkt015.com/ra/2017/1...A_2_Hero_2.gif
    Thanks Rand!! , no matter how hard I stare at those fast moving pics my eyes cannot pick up the huge change in the front end that they have been studying on the other sneak peeks... Good grief I hope all this hype isn't setting my weak ol pace makered heart up for yet another major let down.. I just dont think I can handle any more of it..
    if Honda comes out with a new Wing that is an air cooled V-Twin powered and belt driven scoot = they may as well name it "THE WING OF REJECTION" IMHO

COME ON HONDA = we are rooting for ya to restore some sanity to the big heavy market!!!!

16. Likes Brew liked this post
    United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cowpuc View Post
    Thanks Rand!! , no matter how hard I stare at those fast moving pics my eyes cannot pick up the huge change in the front end that they have been studying on the other sneak peeks... Good grief I hope all this hype isn't setting my weak ol pace makered heart up for yet another major let down.. I just dont think I can handle any more of it..
    if Honda comes out with a new Wing that is an air cooled V-Twin powered and belt driven scoot = they may as well name it "THE WING OF REJECTION" IMHO

COME ON HONDA = we are rooting for ya to restore some sanity to the big heavy market!!!!
    Yeah sure hope they don't Yamapoop their drawers!!! On the flip side though, if they do, I'm keeping my FJR.....

18. Likes cowpuc liked this post
    United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cowpuc View Post
    f Honda comes out with a new Wing that is an air cooled V-Twin powered and belt driven scoot = they may as well name it "THE WING OF REJECTION" IMHO COME ON HONDA = we are rooting for ya to restore some sanity to the big heavy market!!!!
    That animated gif was just a series of pictures of the all the previous Goldwing models, not the new one which is due in 2 weeks.

Here's a link to a web page the email they sent me has the pictures you can slowly scroll thru to see the past models.

https://powersports.honda.com/beyond...2#hero-history

There's a video there that I think has a couple quick shots of the new 2018 with other stuff mixed in, but am not sure. But we see the new 2018 Goldwing picture in the 1st post to this thread.
    Dahlonega, GA. The past was good enough for us.

20. Thanks cowpuc gave thanks for this post
    United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this speculation is true, it looks promising...

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ils_infomation

22. Thanks RandyR gave thanks for this post
    Likes RandyR liked this post
    United States
    SD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cudos to Honda for not sticking an air cooled narrow-angle twin in it and calling it a Goldwing!

They put it on a diet and made it gruntier while staying true to the flat six. Gotta say, it looks like something I would ride and maybe buy. I wonder how the ergos compare to the previous model.

24. Likes BlueSky liked this post
    United States
    WV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the rest of you people but I like the new Honda better than the new Yammy. At least they didn't cut the power on it.

26. Likes BlueSky, CaseyJ955 liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast