IGNORED

Passenger floor boards

Need some help here. When I got my 1997 Royal Star it came with rear pegs not boards . Now that my wife likes to go on longer rides the pegs gotta go. I know they came with floor boards but can anyone tell me a cheap place to pick up a pair? Will any other models work or are they model and year specific? Any help here would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 1998 Royal Star Boulevard that had passenger floorboards on it when I bought it. It also has the aftermarket Barrons Nasty Boyz 4x4 exhaust. I don't know if it was an issue with the fitment of the aftermarket pipes (I doubt it), but in order to get the floor boards to fit they had to cut out a piece of the heat shield in the header pipe. The floor board sits very, very close to the inner pipe and I can only imagine it gets pretty hot.

I remember seeing a post about there being 2 different styles of rear floorboards and supposedly one style "might" fit, but I have not found the other style when looking on ebay...all the one's I have found are shaped the same as the ones I have.

Good Luck!

Rich

PhishHead61

Need some help here. When I got my 1997 Royal Star it came with rear pegs not boards . Now that my wife likes to go on longer rides the pegs gotta go. I know they came with floor boards but can anyone tell me a cheap place to pick up a pair? Will any other models work or are they model and year specific? Any help here would be great.
The floor boards on my 98RSTD and 99RSV are interchangeable. They are exactly the same. The only problem may be if you have 4x4 pipes. My 99RSV has 4x2x4 and the 98RSTD has OEM 4x2 pipes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8f09e5c66484997aeeac5e444580bf70.jpgc09b80f29620f59abe6ab789e0518618.jpg