IGNORED

What to do next?

So when I pull the clutch and push on the brake the tire is supposed to easily stop and stay still for a little bit and it will slowly start spinning again right?

Or if the tire starts rapidly spinning again it probably means there is air or not enough oil in the lines is that right?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So you should be able to pull the clutch lever in toward the handle bar (this disengages the clutch) and step on the rear brake and the back tire should stop spinning and the bike should sit there and idle just like if you were sitting at a stop sign in gear with the clutch pulled in.. If you do this and it works, now hold the brake down so the tire stays still and let the clutch out slowly (engage the clutch by slowly releasing the lever) at idle and this should kill the motor if your rear brake is working properly and your clutch is too..

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Puc I'm sorry forgot to lift the stand then I did it drop 1st gear in tge wheel spun push the brake then the bike stall which means the clutch is good I left the clutch lever pressed all night with a few rubber bands I think that helped now back to when I pressed the brake pedal I didn't see it spring back to its normal position what can i do in this case?

Ponch, the clutch appears to be working properly now.. What I saw on that first video looks normal to me.. Concerning the rear brake sticking down, indeed - you need to lube up the pivot locations on the rear brake pedal. Hold on,, I will make you a video of the spots to lube..

One more thing I noticed last night is that the front left caliper doesn't get any oil

That front left caliper (on the left side if you are sitting in the saddle of the bike = left side,, same side as the shift lever is on) is operated by the rear brake pedal = its a linked system (unless someone has delinked it). Did you know that?

And yes is the one on the side of the shifter

Push down on the rear brake pedal and pop the bleeder open on that caliper as your pushing down and see if she bleeds some fluid out of the bleeder (careful not to release the pedal until you close the bleeder so you dont pull air in the system).. Maybe you have a stuck caliper??

I already did that and nothing came out.

The other 2 calipers bleed ok

Then I would try bleeding it from the line on that caliper and if nothing came out there I would go upstream and try bleeding it form the location described in this video.. All in an effort to see where the plug is.. Could be deteriourate rubber hose leading to caliper..

Thank you very much Mr Puc for your awesome videos I really enjoy watching them and of course help a lot getting my bike ready for storage at least. I think we have a couple more weeks of decent weather here in Chicago and brakes are the last thing in my check list, next you'll see me riding down the street (on my way to the storage probably) thank you again Mr Puc I'll keep you informed of the results .