IGNORED

Transmission plates appear to be struck

My daughter has a 2007 V-Star 1100. It sat all winter and when she tried to use it this spring it would go into gear with the clutch in. Took it to a motorcycle mechanic. He got it working. Said from setting all winter the plates were struck. Changed oil. He said he pushed and popped into gear and after warming up worked. Now it sat for a month and back to the same problem.

I have warmed it up, tried putting into gear in hopes the plates would free up, put it up on the stand and ran it but nothing changes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

labill

With the engine off see if you can get it into 1st gear. Rocking back & forth if you need to.

With engine off and in 1st gear, pull in the clutch and rock the bike back & forth to break the clutch plates loose.

Once the clutch plates are loose and the bike rolls freely with the clutch in, select neutral.

Start the engine up, put er in gear & drive away.

Tried that but nothing. Maybe I need a little more muscle. I will have my grandson help me rock it.

Thanks,

I dunno if the clutch is cable or hydraulic operated on an 1100. If cable, make sure the freeplay is set correctly, and the other end by the transmission is moving in/out.

If hydraulic, consider bleeding the clutch (and all that entails).

Then, try again.

Cable clutch. That is working. Was working before this started again. Can put it in neutral and as soon as you try to shift it lurches forward and stalls.

Did the same thing last year until the shop freed it. Doing what they did but nothing. Will try again with more muscle to push and see if I can release them.

Thanks.