IGNORED

Longing to CTFW!

s.tyler58

So here we are with the last 3 day weekend of the summer and I'm still reading stories of great rides from you all.

How do I get my mechanic, who told me to bring it in for valve covers, carb clean and tune, install Stator oil cooling upgrade and slight clutch slippage three weeks ago, to get me on the road?

Do you think he thought I was asking for Winter storage?

[emoji45] 43de257c5a00cee766c708bdcd81c331.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I feel kind of like my neighbor. Two years ago he bought a power washer. He backed his van over it and broke off the wheels before he had ever put gas in it or started it. I was in his garage and saw it sitting there so the next day I picked up a couple of wheels and fixed it for him. Now he's anxious for me to help him fire it up cuz he has a list of jobs he wants to get done with it. Sat two years without a thought and now he's in a hurry!

I knew this would be a year of Discovery and repair but now I have all these places I want to ride to! I didn't have a bike for 5 years and didn't worry about it. Now I'm in a hurry?

I feel kind of like my neighbor. Two years ago he bought a power washer. He backed his van over it and broke off the wheels before he had ever put gas in it or started it. I was in his garage and saw it sitting there so the next day I picked up a couple of wheels and fixed it for him. Now he's anxious for me to help him fire it up cuz he has a list of jobs he wants to get done with it. Sat two years without a thought and now he's in a hurry!

I knew this would be a year of Discovery and repair but now I have all these places I want to ride to! I didn't have a bike for 5 years and didn't worry about it. Now I'm in a hurry?

Keep in mind the water hose is supposed to be connected and on before the engine is started.

I spent some time edgumicatin' him on it. The old fart thought it was two cycle.... he knows I call him that. He calls himself the old bohunk. Mostly because he's Jimmy B of Jimmy B Orchestra. For over 30 years he toured the Midwest and up Michigan Minnesota Wisconsin Nebraska playing with his Polka Band. He was even on that RFD channel. Me and Jimmy have a blast being what the neighbors call the Papillion version of Grumpier Old Men. We always let each other know when we're working on a ladder so that one or the other will cruise around the house and make sure we're not dead.

When Jimmy retired he tore up and graded his whole yard and put in all new sod. This spring he was obsessing over pulling the maple helicopters out of his grass everyday so they wouldn't seed. Every freaking morning he's out there with his leaf vac picking up 8 or 10 or 20 freaking helicopters. One day, getting almost to summer, I was pretended to fight with him about all the racket he makes, and he starts looking up in the tree and he says, " I don't see any more of these damn helicopters up there . where do they keep coming from?"

I was forced to admit that I had kept one bag full of helicopters that I had picked up out of my driveway and every night for the previous two weeks I have been throwing a handful of them out in his yard for him to hunt down! If he hadn't asked about it I could have kept it going till September!

I was forced to admit that I had kept one bag full of helicopters that I had picked up out of my driveway and every night for the previous two weeks I have been throwing a handful of them out in his yard for him to hunt down! If he hadn't asked about it I could have kept it going till September!
Seems to me you found a good reason for your bike to have been sitting for 3 weeks waiting to be worked on.

What goes around comes around, eh?

Better take a two-four over to hopefully get him in a forgiving mood.

I really did mow my lawn the day after he mowed his so mine would look better one day longer than his. It drove him nuts cuz he was working on that yard so hard for the first time in 50 years. He still laughs and laughs me for telling him what I was doing to him after about July

So I got to ask Mr Steven Tyler!!! Are you sure your longing to Chase Your Front Wheel... I just got back from going to Rolla, then Sullivan and then back home. On my way back from Sullivan just outside of Rolla within seconds of that exit something came down from the nice blue sky and well... I got to show you what can and will Happen!!! Birds have Sh!77Y aim!!!!

Exibit A

poop.jpg Ok I dont know why it keeps going side ways. But I have a cataract in My right eye, notice the trejectery of said Pooh!!:Avatars_Gee_George::rotf::rotfl:

So I got to ask Mr Steven Tyler!!! Are you sure your longing to Chase Your Front Wheel... I just got back from going to Rolla, then Sullivan and then back home. On my way back from Sullivan just outside of Rolla within seconds of that exit something came down from the nice blue sky and well... I got to show you what can and will Happen!!! Birds have Sh!77Y aim!!!!

Exibit A

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110363 Ok I dont know why it keeps going side ways. But I have a cataract in My right eye, notice the trejectery of said Pooh!!:Avatars_Gee_George::rotf::rotfl:

:happy65::rotf:

:think:... pulling from and quoting a saying I vaguely remember from my childhood,,,,,, "arent cha glad cows dont fly":witch_brew::hihi:

:happy65::rotf:

:think:... pulling from and quoting a saying I vaguely remember from my childhood,,,,,, "arent cha glad cows dont fly":witch_brew::hihi:

Thought the quote was Sh!t Happens!!! But Ummmm I would have been knocked off the bike, Tinker Impressed me very much, I was pulling between 37 mpg and 41mpg. I guess she don't like short distances.

Exibit A

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110363 Ok I dont know why it keeps going side ways. But I have a cataract in My right eye, notice the trejectery of said Pooh!!:Avatars_Gee_George::rotf::rotfl:

I ain't skerred...

Made many emergency stops to get stinging creatures out of my shirt! Then there was the June bug that committed suicide on my forehead at 70 MPH...

What about the entitled grass hopper that thinks they can just hitch a ride after bouncing off your forehead, Yeah that happened he rode on the dash for about 4 miles... All in all it was very enjoyable tho. O the sent of fresh country air.. Don't believe country fragrances that aint COUNTRY!!!!!

3:dancefool:

Crossing Central Missouri one night, a huge bullfrog jumped just so I nailed him 8" up smack in the center of the front tire. He exploded all over my legs and cooked onto the exhaust on my 650. Can hear the sound of that frog splat to this day!

Exibit A

Rock Stare635a982c2a4217fd80fbf4ba167b55e.jpg

My experience with quail, your lucky you didn't hit a couple. That had to freak you out! Ruins fun in a hurry!

I was on a sport quad, no helmet, one week before girlfriends prom. She was not impressed with the black eyes. Couldn't see anything so probably good it wasn't a two wheeler.

Great news! They have my bike outside the door ready to come in next. He says couple more days. He says it'll be ready to climb on and head to Chimney Rock or the Ozarks or anywhere I'm ready to go!

I walked in, flashed a big smile and told him I ordered my snowmobile suit... He laughed. Now he's agreed to go ride with me when I get it back.

Edited by s.tyler58