IGNORED

Replacement LED tail light board

I have a 2005 RSTD and a few of the LED bulbs burnt out, was wanting to replace the board, I take the link below is the one I need? I notice it has a bulb base to plug into the socket but it appears someone cut it out and spliced the wires instead, guess I will have to cut the old one off and splice and solder in the new one? Didn't know they were so expensive either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-XVZ1300CT-Royal-Star-Tour-Deluxe-2005-2009-LED-Taillight-2010-0819-/361351162493?hash=item5422352a7d&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true#ht_3761wt_869

20170821_181040.jpg

20170821_180937.jpg

Just about any local electronics repair shop could probably do it, but they usually have a minimum charge and it will probably be more that a new light set up.

Worth a few phone calls. If you get a new set up and want to have a spare, I will be happy to look at the bad one and see if I can repair it, but likely will take a few weeks to turn it around, I am sure I do not have the parts in stock, so would need to research them and order them.

Thanks Steve for the offer! But I think what I will do is order a new one and just send you the old one if you want it and you can repair it and keep it or sell it :beer: again thanks for all the info and let me know if you want the old one once I have replaced it.

Thanks Steve for the offer! But I think what I will do is order a new one and just send you the old one if you want it and you can repair it and keep it or sell it :beer: again thanks for all the info and let me know if you want the old one once I have replaced it.

Sure I will take and we can use it for a pay it forward deal next time some one wants or needs one, provided I can in fact fix it.

Let me know when you have the replacement and I will pm you my mailing address.

in the picture above of the wiring in the tail light the two wires going to the left and the right through those holes goes to the blinkers which are also LED, my question is does the board I have currently have integrated blinkers? Why would it be wired up like that?...Thanks

in the picture above of the wiring in the tail light the two wires going to the left and the right through those holes goes to the blinkers which are also LED, my question is does the board I have currently have integrated blinkers? Why would it be wired up like that?...Thanks

Do your blinkers also work as tail lights? Many of the after market LED turns are set up with red and amber LEDs so they can be running lights and turn signals. If this is the case they may have tapped into the tail light circuit there in the tail light housing.

ok went ahead and ordered the new board and all soldered in place, looks great! Thanks guys! oh and Steve email your address and I will send you the old one if you still want it, pic of the old one with the 4 bad led bulbs and the new installed one.

20170821_180806.jpg

20170828_181325.jpg

20170821_180937.jpg

Edited by Raven1294

• 4 weeks later...