IGNORED

Replacement LED tail light board

Steve: Let me know if you are able to repair it...just curious

Thanks

OK I have it basically repaired, it is working I am just not happy with how I grafted it on to a bulb base to make it plug and play, a bit more effort and research on that part is required.

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

OK I have it basically repaired, it is working I am just not happy with how I grafted it on to a bulb base to make it plug and play, a bit more effort and research on that part is required.

Glad to hear you got it fixed! If you need it or someone else does I hope they get good use out of it...Thanks Steve

SOOOOOO

Curious minds like to know.

What was the issue?

Found one blown 180 ohm resistor and two blown LEDs, the resistor was first in that particular circuit and the two blown diodes where in series right behind it. The board is set up with one 180 ohm resistor for every 4 LEDs. There was no evidence of heat or arcing, so I am not sure what the initial fault was.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of these Radiantz tail lights but it failed after about 1 year. All the LEDs were still working but the running light intensity had gone very dim. Applying the brakes still produced very bright lights. Reinstalled the old OEM bulb.

Try here also, https://www.radiantz.com/V-Star-Road-Star-Retro-p/9011-10.htm

On mine it came with a plug on a pig tail that plugged in where the OEM bulb plugged in. looks like maybe the previous owner got creative with yours.

I bought one of these Radiantz tail lights but it failed after about 1 year. All the LEDs were still working but the running light intensity had gone very dim. Applying the brakes still produced very bright lights. Reinstalled the old OEM bulb.

If you still have it and want me see if I can fix I will be glad to look at for you.

Maybe I’m lucky but I have had mine for nearly 6 years without a problem. It is a Custom Dynamics and it did cost a little more

Thanks for the offer but the cost of shipping back and forth from Canada likely doesn't make it worth it.

True, but if you have contacts close by in the states that could mail it for you and then I could mail back to them, that would not be to bad, just drop it off next time your south of the border and pick it up some time later.