IGNORED

Demo ride

Just got back from the demo ride. I think I like it.

handles really well. Fits and feels good. Windshield is

not tall enough and no heel toe shifter. Handlebars

need work. All of which

can be remedied. Around town handling is great,

freeway is even better. Lots of buttons and gadgets of course.

mine had a ticking on the right side of the engine

during acceleration. It feels smoother than my RSV.

Well done.

Did you have a passenger and how did they like the back seat?

Waiting to take one out when they have them hear but in the mean time the SO and took out a Road Glide Ultra and and EGU. Was really impressed with the updated M8 Power train so interested to see how Yamaha compares.

The RGU wind protection was very nice for both of us but I didn't like the riding position which put my back a bit more past center (backwards) than I would like. The EGU riding position for me was a lot better but the wind buffeting was bad for both of us.

BTW I ride a 15 FJR which I will keep but looking for a longer two up tour mount. Probably shouldn't have gotten ride of my 08 Wing...

No passenger just me. I've ridden the M8 it's ok, runs great, but other than the engine and price tag, nothing really changed. The Yamaha at $28 the M8 at $40 and above????? No way. I went with the full intention of not liking this Venture. I wanted a four cylinder, water cooled, shaft drive, none of which is there. Because of that I'm not gonna like it. I was wrong, I do like it very much.

BTW, it was 101 degrees today. I couldn't tell about heat from engine or other sources, because heat was everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Today (Friday 9/15) and tomorrow, Sloan's Motorcycle in Murfreesboro TN. has the new Yamaha models for test rides. Barb and I got there about 11, and 2:30 was the first slot we could get to ride the new Venture. It was only about a 10 mile test ride, but both Barb and I like the bike. It was the smoothest V-twin I'd ever ridden, it turned and stopped great. Most everything was great. Of course, it didn't have the rush of the First Gen Venture, but it accelerated pretty good. I did hear a tiny bit of gear whine a couple of times, but nowhere near what my First gen has. It was in the mid 80's and Barb did complain about the engine heat when we were at a stop light waiting. Then we got on the inerstate and she said she still felt a lot of heat, but up front I didn't. I didn't particularly like the way the front and back looked, and in talking to other riders we all agreed that it was strange looking. Maybe you have to look it in the eyes to appreciate it.

I also rode the new FJR 1300. I rode it solo, and once I got used to that wide tank and narrow foot pegs, I really liked it. It handles great, stops on a dime and it's reall peppy. You crack the throttle for a lane change and you're going 95 MPH. My son-in-law has a Concours, and I liked the FJR a lot better.

I also rode the new FJR 1300. I rode it solo, and once I got used to that wide tank and narrow foot pegs, I really liked it. It handles great, stops on a dime and it's reall peppy. You crack the throttle for a lane change and you're going 95 MPH. My son-in-law has a Concours, and I liked the FJR a lot better.
If Yamaha was intent on dumping the V-4 for their touring bike just imagine if they had simply lengthened the FJR to make more room for the passenger and lower the seat height. It still would not be a Venture but it would probably be a better touring bike than the new Yamaharley.