IGNORED

Iso diode assembly location on a 2006 Royal Sar Venture 1300

Tsarge

I am trying to find the location of this diode assembly . I have been told this is the problem causing my bike to die when put in gear. I am putting a pic of the schematic that says it there with wire colors. Please help!

IMG_0974.jpg

On page H10 of the RSV parts pdf, it shows the diode assembly comes off the main wiring harness near a fuse block. I'm not so sure I would trust that, but if you look under the tank, on each side of tank and below where the main fuse assembly is, it might be there. It simply going to look like a small sealed unit coming out of the harness. At the end of the short wires will be a little bulge...the diodes. At least that's what I picture in my brain.

That said. Diode assemblies rarely go bad unless the electrical system was shorted. In this case.... This set of diodes makes sure power to the sidestand switch is going the right way and doesn't come back wards. I would test the sidestand switch first as that's a more common failure.

The manuals and parts pdfs are downloadable from this site for free.

I did short sustem like a dumb ass I didn't disconnect battery. I did a continuity test on stand switch and it checks out fine. Thank you sir I am going to try and locate it today. Where would I get this diode?

See if you can see the diode values on the old ones, then build the pack yourself. Nothing more than one or more diodes soldered together in one direction. Diodes are usually marked as to direction. Maybe someone here can figure out values....

As to where to buy? Any electronics place should have them. Very common. Shame Radio Shack is gone.... They were my main source for little parts like diodes.

See if you can see the diode values on the old ones, then build the pack yourself. Nothing more than one or more diodes soldered together in one direction. Diodes are usually marked as to direction. Maybe someone here can figure out values....

As to where to buy? Any electronics place should have them. Very common. Shame Radio Shack is gone.... They were my main source for little parts like diodes.

Thank you sir

I am having a hard time finding it. There is a fuse block behind front right fairing and one behind cover by radiatir over flow tank. I cant tell which one to look at. Any advice would help. I cant even find anything that connects to blue and white wires.

I am having a hard time finding it. There is a fuse block behind front right fairing and one behind cover by radiatir over flow tank. I cant tell which one to look at. Any advice would help. I cant even find anything that connects to blue and white wires.

Try looking at this picture from Parts Fish, find item 19.

http://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/yam/500459c2f8700209bc793b63/electrical-1

Cheap enough to buy the assembly and then you have something to look at and compare as you hunt for it.