IGNORED

Vogel Update.....................

DragonRider

Due to Charlene's slower than expected rehab from her hip replacement surgery, we sadly will not be able to host Vogel/Tail of the Dragon this year, but Vogel will still be happening without us, as I knew one day if would likely happen. Taking mine and Charlene's place are two very special VR members, they have helped us out every time they come and honestly I don't know if we could have done it without their help. Dana aka Dokon, and his wife Missy will be filling in for us. I know it is in good hands.

It would be of great help to us if you could respond to this posting as to whether you will be coming, so we can get a handle on a couple of items. One being the usual Sat. cook out and meal at the shelter. Not knowing how many people to cater for is a major obstacle, so it could be a cookout with everyone pitching in for food to be purchased and then cooked at the shelter, or if not it could be another group lunch somewhere in Blairsville. It going to be up to the attendee's on which direction to go.

There will still be door prizes given out if everyone brings an item valued at between $20-$25.00. There will not be a registration when you arrive, just a sign in sheet showing your name and home town. I will also be sending a Morgan Carb Tune to be used for a raffle. There will also be t-shirts available for a donation of $20.00 or more, and some will be used as door prizes also.

Please, if you plan on going to Vogel, please respond to this thread to let us know how many are in your party.

Vogel/Tail of the Dragon VIII

Hwy 129

Vogel State Park

Blairsville, Ga.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check in will be located on the front porch of the Office/Store. Dana and Missy should be there sometime between noon and 2 pm on Wed. If they are not there when you arrive check at cabin 30.

Hope everyone has a great time, Charlene and I might be able to come up on Sat morning with Paula and Jamie. Be safe and enjoy, and remember "Its all about the Kids".

Due to Charlene's slower than expected rehab from her hip replacement surgery, we sadly will not be able to host Vogel/Tail of the Dragon this year, but Vogel will still be happening without us, as I knew one day if would likely happen. Taking mine and Charlene's place are two very special VR members, they have helped us out every time they come and honestly I don't know if we could have done it without their help. Dana aka Dokon, and his wife Missy will be filling in for us. I know it is in good hands.

It would be of great help to us if you could respond to this posting as to whether you will be coming, so we can get a handle on a couple of items. One being the usual Sat. cook out and meal at the shelter. Not knowing how many people to cater for is a major obstacle, so it could be a cookout with everyone pitching in for food to be purchased and then cooked at the shelter, or if not it could be another group lunch somewhere in Blairsville. It going to be up to the attendee's on which direction to go.

There will still be door prizes given out if everyone brings an item valued at between $20-$25.00. There will not be a registration when you arrive, just a sign in sheet showing your name and home town. I will also be sending a Morgan Carb Tune to be used for a raffle. There will also be t-shirts available for a donation of $20.00 or more, and some will be used as door prizes also.

Please, if you plan on going to Vogel, please respond to this thread to let us know how many are in your party.

Vogel/Tail of the Dragon VIII

Hwy 129

Vogel State Park

Blairsville, Ga.

Thanks for the heads up Lewis. Do we need to start a Vogel 2017 contact list? then when we are there one message can reach everyone in attendance.

I think this is a good idea. I started the first ICE (In Case of Emergency) list at the first Asheville Rally due to a wreak and misunderstandings at the prior Vogal. Fortunately, we have not had another crash, but we did have a breakdown at Asheville and the list came in handy.

Randy

I think this is a good idea. I started the first ICE (In Case of Emergency) list at the first Asheville Rally due to a wreak and misunderstandings at the prior Vogal. Fortunately, we have not had another crash, but we did have a breakdown at Asheville and the list came in handy.

Randy

Randy, I was thinking make a group on our phone and a text could be sent to the group all at one time or to an individual if need be. I have you, Skid and Katrina in a group now but I don't have the other's number.

I have class starting the 21st but we plan on coming up on Friday through Sunday still need to make reservations unless someone wants to share a site.

you know your welcome if we got room or can make room, don't know what site we will have until we get there

Are you going to be in a tent?

We have not made reservations yet. I just hope the eclipse crowd leaves by Wednesday.

Randy

Planning on a tent right now.

The predictions here are over a million people are descending on the Charleston area next weekend.

OK, got a problem. Vogal is booked on all campsites for Friday night. Wed/Thur is open and Sat is open. I just booked Wed/Thur and hope that Fri may be open with a cancellation, The thing that frustrates me about Vogal is you can not reserve a specific site like everywhere else. In TN, I am reserved at Hiawassee State park on the Mom/Tue and I know which spot I will be in.

Last time at Vogal there were plenty of sites open and we were able to stay across from Woody. This time there is no telling what we can do. I know I should have booked earlier, but I figured after the crowd left after the eclipse, there would plenty open.

So, we will just see how it goes. :headache:

Randy

Anybody staying at the Seasons Inn in Blairsville? We may have to stay there Friday night. Right now, they do have openings.

Randy

I have all four nights Wednesady thru Sunday at Seasons but TDunc is sharing my room

well this is crap, I got my vacation approved and did not reserve a site until I knew Trina was going to get hers and now I have to split sites. staying 22-26 in a tent site then moving to a 40footer. I sure hate to break camp and set back up. I will try to get them to fix it to where I can stay in one or the other. and yes I figured the camp would clear out after the eclipse.

Gonna set up the Red Roof Inn in the back Yard just so I kin feel the Mood!! Even got a couple bottles of wine...and one of Rum....one of Jägermeister and a little WV white Lightening!! I oughta feel something....or nothing.:Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot:

maybe I come stay with you between your drink and our drink we won't feel a thing. :banana:

Hey Woody, for the 23rd and 24th, they have my little camper in a 40 footer. Not sure about what I am going to do for 25th as we may move to Seasons Inn. It aint gonna be like it was two years ago where we had the run of that end of the park. Hell, this year there aint even room for any bears.

Randy

Gonna set up the Red Roof Inn in the back Yard just so I kin feel the Mood!! Even got a couple bottles of wine...and one of Rum....one of Jägermeister and a little WV white Lightening!! I oughta feel something....or nothing.:Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot:

I don't have any thing booked. I thought I'd bring my tent and take my chances on finding a spot to pitch it. I may just come hang out with you.

Bring extra WV WL.