IGNORED

2017 CTFW West, and North, and South, and back East.. A short video blog series.

cowpuc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught these folks admiring the shear beauty of our scoot "Tweeksis" and they agreed to a short interview.. We got some amazing people in our awesome country and meeting them/making new friends is something Tip, Tweeks and I always look forward to!!

Sure wish we could have taken some of the constant rain we experienced in Wisconsin out to the western states to help with the wild fires we would later encounter.. Tweeks new Shinko Tour Master 230 tires did an AMAZING job out there in the real world!! I liked em so much that her 3rd new tire I spooned on her this season out in California later in this series would be another Shinko = THANK YOU to my friend videoarizona for the recommendation!!

I'm glad to hear the Shinkos held up for you on the trip!

Now I'm wondering how the E6000 did on your scoot's diaphrams. I did coat my 4 vacuum plugs last night with the stuff based on your thoughts about how well it might work. I'm going out to look them over in a few.

Love the exhaust sound in the background of the rain video. Nice sound...despite the rain and wind!

Nice ride....glad you had fun and stayed safe!! :biker:

I'm glad to hear the Shinkos held up for you on the trip!

Now I'm wondering how the E6000 did on your scoot's diaphrams. I did coat my 4 vacuum plugs last night with the stuff based on your thoughts about how well it might work. I'm going out to look them over in a few.

Love the exhaust sound in the background of the rain video. Nice sound...despite the rain and wind!

Nice ride....glad you had fun and stayed safe!! :biker:

Oh yea,, these Shinks worked AWESOME David!! Another really interesting aspect to those tires I noticed is that they didnt lose their integrity and wear quickly once they got to that ol half way point.. Even the more expensive tires I have ran have done that = not sure why.. These puppys seemed to have a real consistent wear factor to them and, no idea if you have ever noticed,, they also didnt "sing" like other tires as they squared off... Not the highest wear factor but no were near the cost,, EXCELLENT in the twisties hot or cold - wet or dry and handled the high loads and high speeds just fine..

Didnt mean to mislead you on the E6000.. Only thing I fixed on Tweeks for this trip was the saddlebag, side cover and fuel tank door.. That diaphram thought was for future experimentation BUT I have extremely high expectations for the stuff to be used in that order.. If you do get to it before I do and actually run a set of repair diaphrams with E6000 on em PLEASE let me know what cha find brother!! I still have a couple in Tweeks with YamaBond repaired diaphrams and will try the E6 soon if ya dont get "A ROUND TUIT"..

Thanks for liking my goofy vids!!!!! This includes you too ya lop eared Kalifornia varmint @Condor!! Gonna toss up a couple more now that I know someone actually watches this corny stuff :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

We felt sooo sorry for this young man.. He broke his arm trying to help another person set up a tent at Blue Earth Minnesota's free campground just before we pulled in the night before this vid was shot.. Apparently he tripped over a fire ring while opening the tent to insert the fish poles... I think they should have just used YammerDans technique and tossed the tent over a tree limb or something and been happy with it...

Headed for Alaska from Jersey on a Beemer!! Yet another new friend!! One really really nice thing about riding a bike like Tweeks is she ALWAYS starts conversations with some really interesting people of the road!!

:thumbsup2: I don't think I've ever seen the Pucster with a scowl on. He puts the real meaning to the phrase 'Happy Trails'...

Smiling vicariously.... :hurts:

Tip said to tell you that you should have been sitting next to ol Pucster out in New York when they yanked the covers back on the new Ventures at Americade :Bunny2:

South Dakota is a place where dreams and wonderment are formed.. Speaking of forming wonderment - ever heard of Termus's 6 point perspective? VERY VERY INTERESTING STUFF!! Might not be a bad idea watch this one all the way thru and then do some Googling on that one ya bunch of lop eared touring varmints!!

People like my buddy YammerDan would love this camp spot,, its got everything a soul needs to remind each of us of how blessed we are to live in such a grand country as America. The nights are so peaceful out here where the Badlands and the National Grass Lands greet each other that even the Morning Dove sings its song non-stop at the fresh start of each day.. A person rarely even needs tent poles to support his tent while hidden behind these rolling hills = something in my gut always tells me that those early wagon train travelers used to stop right here in this spot in the evening and roll back there wagon covers to lay inside and gaze as the stars thru sleepy eyes after a long day of travel along the upper edge of the Badlands Wall that the nearest town is named after..

A few folks out in the great land of CTFW know Tip and I by our biker names of Tip and Puc.. Even those who we have been blessed to have met along the trail have never met our off-spring who also have earned biker names by CTFW on the rear seat of a beat up ol Yamaha Venture.. This particular vid is dedicated to our son = "P-Dog" who fell in love with these little prairie dwellers many years ago.. Hey P-Dog,, take a break from your day job and get a gaggle of these guys - they be speakin your language sonshine!!

While sitting on the side of the road filling our water cup from our trusty water bucket that hangs on Tweeks side a friendly chap stopped to see if we were ok.. After telling him we were fine and thanking him for checking on us, asked if we were headed to that abandoned Missile site while pointing yonder.. I looked at Tip and then back at the gentlemen and said "we were not but we are now" and away we went - off on yet another adventure!!