IGNORED

2000 Venture MM Audio control

I recently purchased a 2000 Venture MM and the original owner tells me that the stereo has always just had one volume level (full blast / 30) I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience with this issue and what I should look for as the cause. Any advice on upgrading the cassette player to CD would also be appreciated. I try to connect my iPhone to the aux input but that volume seems to be at 1 / not amplified at all.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found I had to use a boosteroo for aux input to have decent volume. Problem with them is they run off batteries, so then you have all this plugged inline and have to find spots. So I built a battery elminator. As for the volume maybe the switch has bad contacts.

Is it possible that it is set for the CB volume and not the stereo? They are separate. If you push the CB button and then adjust the volume, that adjusts only the CB. Push the stereo button and then the volume to adjust the stereo. Otherwise, something is definitely defective.

I recently purchased a 2000 Venture MM and the original owner tells me that the stereo has always just had one volume level (full blast / 30) I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience with this issue and what I should look for as the cause. Any advice on upgrading the cassette player to CD would also be appreciated. I try to connect my iPhone to the aux input but that volume seems to be at 1 / not amplified at all.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Gen 1 has two volume knobs together. One is the volume of the radio and the other has a sound level sensor that increases the volume when ambient noise is higher. Don't know if the Gen 2 has the same feature.

Are you saying that the stereo puts out sound at full blast only and you cannot turn it down or are you saying you cannot hear any music until you get to level 30 on the volume control?

If it will not turn down from 30 then I agree with Freebird, either the system is set to control the CB volume , in that case twisting the knob will have no effect on the radio volume until you switch to the audio control. If it is set to audio and will not turn down then something is defective.

If you only hear sound when it is at 30 , then maybe the controller is on the head set (HS) mode, if that is the case turn the volume down to about 8 before switching to speaker mode.

• 2 weeks later...

This past winter after I split my fairing and got it back together I had no volume control, the radio would work but was not adjustable. Upon further investigation I hadn't properly seated one of the plugs for the audio system, gave it a little push and presto volume control once again.

• 1 month later...