IGNORED

Kuryakyn offset pegs... Not tight enough

baaloo.phd

Hi guys,

It's been a bit since I have posted. I have a problem with my footpegs. I have a pair of Kuryakyn 1" offset footpegs for my highway bars. The problem is I can't seem to get them tight enough. The minute I put my feet on them they spin. Anyone have an suggestions. I tried tightening them real good. Just can't seem to get it tight enough.

Thanks for the help

Christopher

Hi guys,

It's been a bit since I have posted. I have a problem with my footpegs. I have a pair of Kuryakyn 1" offset footpegs for my highway bars. The problem is I can't seem to get them tight enough. The minute I put my feet on them they spin. Anyone have an suggestions. I tried tightening them real good. Just can't seem to get it tight enough.

Thanks for the help

Christopher

A piece of tire like bicycle tire or something seems to help a lot getting things to tighten

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Put a drop or two of red loctite on the inside of the clamp next to the crash bar then clamp it. Let set a couple hours see if it moves then. Just don't get carried away with the amount of loctite use it will destroy ABS plastic.

On a side note not to hi-jack but... I had a pair of ISO pegs, the wide ones mounted for a little over a year maybe 20 months. I guess being out where the road grime hits them all the time took its toll. But the chrome was all bubbled and faded, peeling etc. Now they have been doing this awhile, but they just got to where they really looked like crap. I pulled them apart, sanded and painted them with Rustolium hammered paint. I could have bought some Chinese knock offs from e-bay for about half but I didnt. But I IMOP got crap product. If I did it over I'd go knock off.

I guess what I'm saying is dont be surprised at the quality of the Kuryakyn stuff any more. I put an extra washer under the head of the bolt so it would draw down better. If the ends of the clamp are already touching you have to spacer around the bars.

Go out to garage, drink an Imported beer, take the beer can cut it open. Make two shims slight smaller than the circumfrence of the 1" bar ( like 3") loosen clamps slide shim stock in place retighten. The go Read "zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" by Robert Pirsig. Then tell everyone you fixed the clamps with the finest bavarian shim stock

I am just wondering something here. In my experience with Kuryakins is that they come with a spacer/washer that goes in between the clamp ends at the bolt holes. I have always eliminated that spacer/washer and the clamps work great with no slippage. I believe that spacer is there to avoid the compressing the cupped ends of the Kuryakin P-Clamps but it doesn't work with that spacer.

I am just wondering something here. In my experience with Kuryakins is that they come with a spacer/washer that goes in between the clamp ends at the bolt holes. I have always eliminated that spacer/washer and the clamps work great with no slippage. I believe that spacer is there to avoid the compressing the cupped ends of the Kuryakin P-Clamps but it doesn't work with that spacer.

I had the same experience, lose the spacers and all will be good!

LOL Thats probably the washer I used under the head of the bolt because it wouldnt tighten with it in the middle.