IGNORED

Moisture in switch block?

So i've posted before about my LEDS and wet weather. I've been chasing what I thought was GALVANIC action at a bad connection. Well I've actually traced it to the KURYICAN switch block. The unit does have a gasket around the top and tapered screw holes with a good fit. I guess its just not tight enough with the driving rains in florida. the bike is under cover but sometimes it rains side ways! Also I ride in the rain. SO does anyone have a product that I can spray or apply over the back of the switches to dispel the moisture? WD40 seems to work for a while but it don'ts stick and keep working.

There is a good chance that it is the switches themselves that are leaking. The water can go in thru the pivot of the toggle and get the inside of the switch wet causing your issues. The wet terminals are actually the water leaking out of the back side of the switch.

I would make sure the gasket on the cover is doing its job and then either get waterproof switches, (they have a very soft rubbery compound in the pivot of the switch to seal it) or get switch boots that replace the outer nut and have a boot that seals the pivot and lever from water or dust. Also make sure that water is not getting in thru the opening for the wires.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 3.03.41 PM.png

looks like this one. Switches are inserted then nuts on the back. wires soldered on common on post #1 , three separate leads out for three accessories one on each #2 post. I'm think I'm going to use a needle nose and loosen the nuts and put a dab of silly cone in there and retighten and maybe grab a spare master cylinder gasket from the drawer and add that? if you have the lighted LED model theres two hot and a ground also. I had that one before and ditched because the switches didnt last