IGNORED

It's ALIVE

CMCOFFEY

Got my 84 completely put back together again. I realized while putting it together that I can flip the shifter and make it GP shifting (1 up 5 down). That is how I like to run my sport bikes. I need to get the handle bars and pegs adjusted perfectly for me.

Since she has been down for 2 years, I figured I would welcome her back to the road with a trip from Las Vegas NV to Ft Worth TX. I leave in 7 days. Even with the 112 degree temperature today, I had a blast riding. I will be riding to and from work all week just to try and catch as many bugs as possible before I get hundreds of miles from home.

Got my 84 completely put back together again. Since she has been down for 2 years, I figured I would welcome her back to the road with a trip from Las Vegas NV to Ft Worth TX. I leave in 7 days. Even with the 112 degree temperature today, I had a blast riding. I will be riding to and from work all week just to try and catch as many bugs as possible before I get hundreds of miles from home.

You are certifiably nuts, Sir CMCOFFEY! This week will go down on record books across the southwest for record heat and you want to ride in it? YIKES! Grins!:sun:

Well..if you are zinging through the Tucson area of Arizona...give me a shout. I can try to meet you somewhere....but not on a scoot unless it's early am!

david

PS. Congrats on getting the 84 back on the road!

CMCOFFEY is certifiably nuts to be out in this weather but then, so is VanRiver. He left Calgary earlier in the week and is currently screaming down I-15 getting closer to Las Vegas....hoping to be at his Phoenix home by later this evening. He's riding "Old Walt", a Venture Royale. Says Walt is doing well...holding a nice smooth 80 mph on cruise! Very interesting story about Old Walt....

God Bless you both for zipping around in this heat! I certainly can't handle it anymore!

:scorched:

:biker::biker: Ride safe!

I haven't left yet. I am leaving Monday. It will still be hot which still makes me nuts. I am riding to and from work everyday day this week to make sure the bike is good to go.

"Genesis" is one smooth lady. I might head north before I make my return trip. It will depend on how tired I am.

I haven't left yet. I am leaving Monday. It will still be hot which still makes me nuts. I am riding to and from work everyday day this week to make sure the bike is good to go.

"Genesis" is one smooth lady. I might head north before I make my return trip. It will depend on how tired I am.

Glad to hear "Genesis" is running sweetly!

I went out today in Phoenix to see why I lost my clutch on 89 last week. It's is hot out there. Clutch was working again.. So mystery is upon me.

Old Walt made it all the way from Calgary to Phoenix.....2518km door to door.....that is 1565 miles for those non-metric people out there. All went well, but the last 100 miles in the AZ Desert were the hardest. I think the heat got to my TCI as I lost a cylinder at low RPM just 30 minutes from hitting the finish line (will be investigating the cause tomorrow).....thank goodness for my cooling vest and good riding gear, and of course superb MKII engineering from Mother Yamaha. That bike eats the miles!

Stay safe out there @CMCOFFEY, and all those other "crazy members" that ride in the heat!

CMCOFFEY is certifiably nuts to be out in this weather but then, so is VanRiver. He left Calgary earlier in the week and is currently screaming down I-15 getting closer to Las Vegas....hoping to be at his Phoenix home by later this evening. He's riding "Old Walt", a Venture Royale. Says Walt is doing well...holding a nice smooth 80 mph on cruise! Very interesting story about Old Walt....

God Bless you both for zipping around in this heat! I certainly can't handle it anymore!

:scorched:

:biker::biker: Ride safe!

:worthless:​!!!!!!!

Old Walt made it all the way from Calgary to Phoenix.....2518km door to door.....that is 1565 miles for those non-metric people out there. All went well, but the last 100 miles in the AZ Desert were the hardest. I think the heat got to my TCI as I lost a cylinder at low RPM just 30 minutes from hitting the finish line (will be investigating the cause tomorrow).....thank goodness for my cooling vest and good riding gear, and of course superb MKII engineering from Mother Yamaha. That bike eats the miles!

Stay safe out there CMCOFFEY, and all those other "crazy members" that ride in the heat!

Well, I leave in two days and have all but decided to take my car. I want to take the bike, but my left arm has been hurting for a few weeks now. I think I may have a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Pulling the clutch in is kind of painful in traffic.

Taking the car also allows me to help the wife out by taking the bad kid with me. That will at least give my wife a peaceful ride to Texas in the Van. I am coming back 2 weeks before them, so the ride back will still be tough.

When I get back, I will do a pretty long ride out to an old abandoned town where Puc and Tippy took refuge 2 or 3 years ago so I can look for their artwork. After all, Genesis has been asking to stretch her legs for a week now.

:worthless:​!!!!!!!

Just incase this was for me, here are some pics to hold the hounds off until I get back from Texas and get some good pictures and a video or two.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/84%20Venture/PHOTO_20170624_214527.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/84%20Venture/PHOTO_20170624_214545.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/84%20Venture/PHOTO_20170624_214614.jpg

Her trailer and hitch are in front of her. I will be installing the hitch when I get home after doing some slight modifications to it.

Edited by CMCOFFEY