IGNORED

Grifter storage box for trailer connection

M61A1MECH

Not sure if this will work as well on a Venture as it does on the Goldwing, but I thought I would post it for all to see.

Some guys over on the Goldwing forum found this neat license plate mounted storage box called a Grifter (http://lockitt.com/Lockitt/product/ACII1001.html) and are using it to hide their trailer hook ups, I bought one and finished up my Grifter install this weekend. Because my license plate frame has an extended lower section I did not to cover up the lock on the Grifter, I mounted the box upside down. The Grifter box mounted to the stock license plate mount made the license plate light on the Goldwing useless, so I installed a couple of LED post lights from Oxnium, I tapped into the Bustec harness with some posi-locks to power the post lights. I made an extension harness to connect to the trailer and I made a small plug to fill the cable hole when not pulling the trailer. I also found a nice red metal connector cap at my local surplus store and turned it into a key knob. Now just need time off work to plan a long trip to check it out and make sure it all works.

GRIFTER CLOSED WITH KEY KNOB, COMPRESSED.JPG

GRIFTER OPEN SIDE VIEW, COMPRESSED.JPG

GRIFTER OPEN WITH EXTENEDER HARNESS, COMPRESSED.JPG

GRIFTER OPEN, COMPRESSED.JPG

KEY KNOB FRONT VIEW, COMPRESSED.JPG

KEY KNOB INSTALLED, COMPRESSED.JPG

SIDE VIEW OF PLATE LIGHT, COMPRESSED.JPG

Not sure if this will work as well on a Venture as it does on the Goldwing, but I thought I would post it for all to see.

Some guys over on the Goldwing forum found this neat license plate mounted storage box called a Grifter (http://lockitt.com/Lockitt/product/ACII1001.html) and are using it to hide their trailer hook ups, I bought one and finished up my Grifter install this weekend. Because my license plate frame has an extended lower section I did not to cover up the lock on the Grifter, I mounted the box upside down. The Grifter box mounted to the stock license plate mount made the license plate light on the Goldwing useless, so I installed a couple of LED post lights from Oxnium, I tapped into the Bustec harness with some posi-locks to power the post lights. I made an extension harness to connect to the trailer and I made a small plug to fill the cable hole when not pulling the trailer. I also found a nice red metal connector cap at my local surplus store and turned it into a key knob. Now just need time off work to plan a long trip to check it out and make sure it all works.

That looks like a great place to tuck all the wiring for the Voyager Kit and the trailer on the '04RSV. Right now it's all hanging out in the wind... Thanks for the link. Before I check out I may have to install one.