IGNORED

Bubs touch up

​So , like a lot of BUBS owners, my tips were starting to flake the chrome plating off really badly, and I got sick of looking at it. Here are the finished product. With a little good old fashion elbow grease, and some high temp header coating, they look much better.

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed.jpg

They look great. Really great. I have V&H Monster Ovals on my '08 that have the same thing happening to the chrome caps. You just gave me inspiration to paint them like you did on the Bubs.

I got the paint at AutoZone. It is VHT (Think thats the name) ceramic header paint. I have 3 light coats, and one medium coat. If you have your tips off when you do them, the can gives you instructions for curing them, in the oven. I rode about an hour and a half the day after I painted them, ( I painted mine on the bike) , no smell of paint, no bubbling, not tacky to the touch. I THINK, they also make a gloss black, but not in the header coating, however, the regular high temp VHT is good for 600 degrees I believe. I wouldn't think the tips get any hotter than that !unnamed-2.jpg