IGNORED

Yamaha Part three

slowrollwv

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, June 5th is the announcement date, good. It's time.

Listening to the video, the riders give their wish lists. I don't think they would publish some of those requests if they were not going to produce.

Of interest is "reverse" on the list. That makes me think they are after the Goldwing riders.

Well, I got my Goldwing trike in 2015,, but I'd consider this new ride form my solo ride to replace an aging RSTD.

But, did not hear V4 or more, so probably a twin?

Next month.

Mike G in SC

I have to agree on the v-twin.. too much mention of it in the videos for it not to be that. Will be interesting to see but I have a feeling I will be sticking with my 89 VR for a while longer.

Rick F.

I just can't see them being that wreckless on a touring bike. I have no experience with V-twin motors but my understanding they will not last near as long as our V-4. I wonder if it is possible to liquid cool those, and how are they as far as vibrations?

Yes a V-twin can and are water cooled. My Kawasaki 900 was water cooled, as is the bolt and some others. They will turn lots of miles, and "new" technology has knocked out the vibrations of old HD lore. My air cooled Victory is pretty smooth, and motor is part of intrigal frame design and dont jump around like the rubber mounted HD. The Kawasaki Voyager is V-twin water cooled and pretty smooth from what guys tell me although they have been known to have heat issues.

I think IF Yammi get back in a full touring dresser field it will probably be water cooled V-twin. Just my .02, Why they dont take the V-max or FJR motor and build around it is beyond common sense. Those motors are bullit proof and proven.

Anxiously waiting to see what they come out with....:dancefool::dancefool:..but it will take a lot to make me part with Big Red:whistling::whistling:, he is only getting on his stride at this point. And he is fully paid off :mo money::mo money:From the last shot in the video it looks like it will be a frame mounted fixed fairing this time.

Anxiously waiting to see what they come out with....:dancefool::dancefool:..but it will take a lot to make me part with Big Red:whistling::whistling:, he is only getting on his stride at this point. And he is fully paid off :mo money::mo money:From the last shot in the video it looks like it will be a frame mounted fixed fairing this time.

Like tinker? Aka 83 venture. I like my bike alot... Wonder about mpg? Would a smaller engine get less gas mileage?

"Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly."

I just can't see them being that wreckless on a touring bike. I have no experience with V-twin motors but my understanding they will not last near as long as our V-4. I wonder if it is possible to liquid cool those, and how are they as far as vibrations?

Yes, I have a Honda VTX that's water cooled it's 1800cc V Twin. A Harley rider has got to spend some money to out run it too. Also, without vibrations just enormous torque. It's my sleeper.

2017 STRYKER SPECS

Engine

Engine Type

80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled SOHC V-twin; 8 valves

AND THEY MAKE THE 1800 ALSO BUT IT'S CURRENTLY AIR COOLED. SO WATER COOLED V TWINS ARE AVAILABLE FROM YAMAHA. THE VIDEO MAKES IT SOUNDS LIKE THE'RE THROWING AN ENTERTAINMENT SYTEMS AT FULL DRESSED STRYKER TO ME, AND ADDING AN ELECTRIC REVERSE. NOT EXCITED TILL I SEE SOME MORE OF WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS.

NOW IF THEY TAKE THE R19M AND CHANGE THE TANK AND BARS THEN DRESS THAT UP!!! MY SOCKS WOULD DEFINITELY GO UP AND DOWN

I have been a Yamaha dealer since 1974 and been through the old Venture years and they were great. Then they popped the Royal Star (no power but super reliable). Then the Venture Royale again, carbs, top heavy, comfortable and reliable. Then the model that could have turned the touring market around was introduced. THE NEW VMAX! Stone reliable and if they tuned it to the touring horse power and torque specs they would have ruled the touring market just as they did for a time back in the 80's. We had family affair rally's with thousands of bikes and Yamaha was in tune with their customer base. Some where along that way Yamaha lost touch with their customers and they left the fold in great numbers one by one to the other more progressive brands. If Yamaha brings out the V4 and does the electronics right they will again reach the public in the numbers they so desperately desire and their dealers need. If this is a Twin, I am not interested, too many already on the market place and too late to the game.

Just my option, I could be wrong.

Steve

On thing that is of some concern to me is; none of the bikes in the video/s are an old Venture. All of them are non trunk bikes. Wonder if that means anything?

My bet:

Fuel injected, liquid cooled big twin. GPS audio system built in. Two hard bags (too small, but look fancy). No trunk, no cruise, no CB. Maybe reverse. Maybe fairing of the RSTD type.

My bet:

Fuel injected, liquid cooled big twin. GPS audio system built in. Two hard bags (too small, but look fancy). No trunk, no cruise, no CB. Maybe reverse. Maybe fairing of the RSTD type.

MiCarl, I think your real close. But, I do think it'll have cruise control, and instead of a windshield like the RSTD has, it'll have a fairing, but probably not a trunk.

:sign yeah that:

Saw that before and agreed.. Does look like Yamaha parts on it. Frame fairing. Liquid cooled vtwin..... And if it has the revs of our beloved v4.... I'll be happy! Just don't want another hohum vtwin.

:beer::biker:

In the picture​... Does look like a modern 1st gen.....whee! Love that windshield rake...

Edited by videoarizona
Add

My bet:

I have all that on my 2014 V Star 1300 and didn't have to hock the farm for it.