IGNORED

Down on motorcycle cover

Liptoss

Had a Dowco and it is a good cover for my smaller cruiser. Kind of the mid range price range. I now have a Nelson Rigg cover was like a 80 buck cover and has lasted me probably 5yr of many weeks in the Fla sun at the airport. Just noticed it is starting to dry rot in a couple spots. I am kind of looking for a new one.

With 9 VR's I have had a lot of experience with covers, and think I've tried them all at one time or another. Dowco's are decent covers, and I have one on my 2ndGen Trike. A little pricey but OK. The best ones I have run into are the Cycle Sak, which I'm pretty sure is out of biz, and the private label Cycle Gear HDs. The CG's can be found on sale for $50-$60 bucks and have a 5 year guarantee. Until lately all my bikes have been out in the weather, but hey it's California weather... I've replaced a couple under warrantee...over the counter due to UV damage.. after a couple of years. All covers left outside will get damaged by UV. The good ones will last 2-3 years. ElCheapo's (eBay/china) will go in a summer. However.... if you just want a dust cover, and the scoot is parked in the garage, they work great. They pack small and are good for those weekend rides and overnighter's in a motel parking lot... Another good use is as a sacrificial cover over the pricey cover during the summer months. But for the ultimate protection and price get a Cycle Gear if you plan on leaving the scoot outside.... My2¢

PS: The Cycle Gear XL will fit both the 1st and 2ndGen's...

Edited by Condor