IGNORED

Be jealous.

Air Ready Auto

I'm not exactly sure what it is but if it's Menudo, you can keep it. One of the few Mexican dishes that I just don't like. The other one is anything with Mole sauce.

Good eye boss. It is in fact Menudo. The biggest problem most people have with it is the meat. You have to simmer it for 10 hours and it kind of turns out a little mushy. To solve this we simmer the meat, strain it out, add shredded chicken to the broth and fry the meat to make it crispy again. Add the fried meat back in with the corn and seasonings. Simmer for another hour = heaven in a pot!!!

:fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley:

OK,,,,, I'm jealous:sign green with env,,, no idea what it is either but - I am jealous cause I just KNOW better then to say I dont like it till I taste it when it comes to homemade grub PLUS I know your freezer is packed with frozen Tamales (mouth started watering when I typed that). On the same token though Ready - if its spicey, I cant have it no more, so if thats the case - I am only jealous about the frozen Tamales..

Speaking of tamales and that precious Mother In Law of yours.. Would you mind encouraging @Flyinfool to finish his ICBM before your Mom heads back home? I would really like to shoot over to Milwaukee and watch Jeff do a test/tune launch and, after thinking about doing that, had visions of begging that sweet lady of a mom in law of yours to trade me some ice cream for a home made tamale or two..

Appleton aint it? How far and in what direction from Milwaukee is Appleton - any idea?

Are those some kind of home made corn noodles I see floating in there? I couldnt stand it if I was looking over that bowl - I would have to sneak a couple of those out of there when the chef turned her back - I've been thrown out of more than one kitchen for doing that kind of stuff :mugshot:

Good eye boss. It is in fact Menudo. The biggest problem most people have with it is the meat. You have to simmer it for 10 hours and it kind of turns out a little mushy. To solve this we simmer the meat, strain it out, add shredded chicken to the broth and fry the meat to make it crispy again. Add the fried meat back in with the corn and seasonings. Simmer for another hour = heaven in a pot!!!

:fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley:

Ok,, NOW I AM JEALOUS!!! and hungry :big-grin-emoticon:

OK,,,,, I'm jealous:sign green with env,,, no idea what it is either but - I am jealous cause I just KNOW better then to say I dont like it till I taste it when it comes to homemade grub PLUS I know your freezer is packed with frozen Tamales (mouth started watering when I typed that). On the same token though Ready - if its spicey, I cant have it no more, so if thats the case - I am only jealous about the frozen Tamales..

Speaking of tamales and that precious Mother In Law of yours.. Would you mind encouraging Flyinfool to finish his ICBM before your Mom heads back home? I would really like to shoot over to Milwaukee and watch Jeff do a test/tune launch and, after thinking about doing that, had visions of begging that sweet lady of a mom in law of yours to trade me some ice cream for a home made tamale or two..

Appleton aint it? How far and in what direction from Milwaukee is Appleton - any idea?

Are those some kind of home made corn noodles I see floating in there? I couldnt stand it if I was looking over that bowl - I would have to sneak a couple of those out of there when the chef turned her back - I've been thrown out of more than one kitchen for doing that kind of stuff :mugshot:

We are about 2 hours north of Milwaukee on hwy41. You and your wife are welcome any time :thumbsup2:

Yes I am jealous, had the nozzles parked west for the summer, Denver just got a foot of snow from this storm, may have to swing them back north just for teasing us with those scrumptious looking vittles.........

@cowpuc you may just have to make more than one trip around the big pond.

2 hours north? If there is yummy food involved I can knock that down to 1.5 hours easy, I have already made Green Bay for a $100 hamburger in just 30 minutes. But it took 2+ hours to get home............... I was heavier for the return trip.

Hah, never heard of Menudo before. Looks good, looks spicy which equals very good. Googled it and found quite a wide variation in ingredients. Some used tripe or liver, pork loin, hominy or corn and pig feet or weiners. None mentioned chicken. Most used chilies but some not. Most differences were between Mexican or Filipino versions.

Will your mother share her recipe or is it a family secret?

Hah, never heard of Menudo before. Looks good, looks spicy which equals very good. Googled it and found quite a wide variation in ingredients. Some used tripe or liver, pork loin, hominy or corn and pig feet or weiners. None mentioned chicken. Most used chilies but some not. Most differences were between Mexican or Filipino versions.

Will your mother share her recipe or is it a family secret?

This version is tripe and hominy. We add the chicken for the kids. I can't get them to tell me the spice/pepper/chilly blend they use. I can tell you that it is not too spicy in the pot (kids don't like the burn) but we have a sauce we adults add to turn it up a bit.

Tell 'em about that Chili Beer you get Don...

OH...I do love my Chili Beer. I've been drinking it for probably 20 years. Started when I lived in Dallas. When I moved to Ohio, nobody had it but a little liquor store down the road found it for me and if they don't have some waiting for me, they get it in a day or so.

When I first found it, it was brewed in Cave Creek, Arizona by Crazy Ed's Brewery. At some point, they sold the company because it is now brewed in Mexico, by Tecate.

Most people that have tried it really don't care for it but it's by far my favorite. The nearest I can describe it is that it is somewhat like a Corona but with a jalapeno in it. Has just a little bite to it and I love eating the pepper at the end. I'm actually not a fan of Corona but love the Chile Beer. :)

http://www.chilibeer.com/chilibeer/Home.html

OH...I do love my Chili Beer. I've been drinking it for probably 20 years. Started when I lived in Dallas. When I moved to Ohio, nobody had it but a little liquor store down the road found it for me and if they don't have some waiting for me, they get it in a day or so.

When I first found it, it was brewed in Cave Creek, Arizona by Crazy Ed's Brewery. At some point, they sold the company because it is now brewed in Mexico, by Tecate.

Most people that have tried it really don't care for it but it's by far my favorite. The nearest I can describe it is that it is somewhat like a Corona but with a jalapeno in it. Has just a little bite to it and I love eating the pepper at the end. I'm actually not a fan of Corona but love the Chile Beer. :)

http://www.chilibeer.com/chilibeer/Home.html

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::innocent-emoticon:

this is what I had today..... Shrimp and Crawfish Étouffée , over butter grilled Red Fish filet....

Now I'm REALLY hungry again!!! Thanks DJ!!

Ya know,, I just had me another one of those Epiphany thingys... For my retirement I am gonna tune ol Tweeksis, toss some new hooves on her, make a copy of alll the current club members home addresses from the members map, grab Tip and hit the open rode.. Then I'm gonna go door to door = ding dong,, hi,, I am Puc,, I'm hungry :178:- got any left overs in your fridge :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh: and do ya care if I camp at the end of your driveway? :Bunny::Bunny:

Watch all those balloons on the members map start poppin now Freebird :hurts:,,, ahhh ohhh,, I know,, back on probation:fiddle:

Now I'm REALLY hungry again!!! Thanks DJ!!

Ya know,, I just had me another one of those Epiphany thingys... For my retirement I am gonna tune ol Tweesis, toss some new hooves on her, make a copy of alll the current club members home addresses, grab Tip and hit the open rode.. Then I'm gonna do door to door = ding dong,, hi,, I am Puc,, I'm hungry - got any left overs in your fridge :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh: and do ya care if I camp at the end of your driveway? :Bunny::Bunny:

Watch all those balloons on the members map start poppin now Freebird :hurts:

Come on down, be glad to show ya all around Louisiana, hell, I'll feed ya too !!!!

Come on down, be glad to show ya all around Louisiana, hell, I'll feed ya too !!!!

Brother I wish I could!! That dish you posted had me droolin like you cant imagine!! Years ago I managed this manufacturing plant in Grand Rapids Mi and we had a lady there that was from down yonder... Definitely a magnificent cook right straight out of Louisiana.. Every 1st Friday of the Month we would have a plant wide smorgasboard pot luck dinner and she would, at times, bring in this dish she made using Crawdad and some kind of red sauce on it - OH MY ENDLESS GLORY - that stuff was OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I also made sure I was out of my office and waiting for her at the entrance door when she came in on those Fridays just to see what she was toting,,, didnt wanna be late for dinner if she was carrying crawdad jumbo or what ever it was called!!!

Geeeesh you folks eat some weird stuff ... I hope when I'm down south I can find me some REAL food! :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

You will Silv,,,, fried chicken, mashed taters n gravey, collard greens with a little butter on em,,,,,,,, sunny side up eggs, fried ham with sour dough bread and a bowl of grits for breakfast,,,,,,,, just stay away from the boiled peanuts and you will be fine...

Pork Chops & greens?? Picked some Poke this week!! Ramps are still around....

mmmmmmmmm,,, mmm,, :fatsmiley:

Hey bro,, I watched a youtube vid with some Texan huntin wild hogs down there.. Guy sits in his back yard in a stand with a .22 rifle and night vision scope. ! lone shot right in the temple - great big 600 lb hog falls over like ya hit em with a 7 mag.. Stone dead.. I looked at Tip and said - I wonder if their eating those pork chops:178:.. Sure enough,, next thing ya know that Texan is rubbin down a slab with some kind of family rub reciepe and dropping hog meat into the skillet -had me headin for texas brother!!!

My keyboard may never be the same again.......................

Puc did you know that in your very own home state there are feral hogs for the taking. It is even against the law to NOT take one if you are packing a gun. I am always hoping a herd of them will come past my deer stand while I am there.

You will Silv,,,, fried chicken, mashed taters n gravey, collard greens with a little butter on em,,,,,,,, sunny side up eggs, fried ham with sour dough bread and a bowl of grits for breakfast,,,,,,,, just stay away from the boiled peanuts and you will be fine...

And don' fergit dem Hot Dogs!