IGNORED

Amplifier Connerctor Cleaning

Jcgfree

So I was having trouble with the remote control for radio and CB. The LED was going in and out and I could not control any of the settings. I was stuck in AUX and could only control volume. Luckily I could still play music from my IPhone through the AUX. But after a while it would change the setting on me by turning on the CB and I could no longer control AUX volume as it was in CB mode. Or it would switch from speaker mode to headset mode. Either way I was stuck then because I couldn't change any modes. This would happen on longer rides after an hour or so. I would have to wait until the next day when I first started the bike to be able to switch any modes to fix the problem. I figured it was the remote control. Thought maybe something internal due to moisture or something since none of the buttons worked when pressed. Took it a part to find the inside was all encased in plastic. I didn't want to mess with that at the time. So now I had the time and decided to check the connectors at the amp first before I tackled taking remote completely apart. After using some brushes on the 4 different connectors the remote control works fine now. Very surprised it was such an easy fix. My question is what can I use as a cleaner and preservative on those connectors? Something tells me I should not use any lubricating oil or WD 40. Want to check here before I use anything. Thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

I use CRC contact/tuner cleaner on the round connectors under the fairing. There are a couple bundles of 5 pin round connectors. If they are corroded looking you may want to try to scrape them with maybe a small flat screw driver to clean them. Then some dielectric grease to keep them from corroding.