IGNORED

Competition for "Ride Like A Pro" = Introducing, "Ride Like A Geezer"!!

cowpuc

Turning the big 62 is a big deal for me.. I am retiring:beer::biker::biker::biker::guitarist 2::bikersmilie::7_2_104[1]::moped::moped::moped::fatsmiley:,,,, :mugshot::missingtooth::scared:...

After thinking about this new life ahead of me for the last couple of days (for as long as I have been 62) I got bored with retirement and decided to start a new business so I got something to keep me busy.. I like people, I have always LOVED motorcycles, I dont like to see people get hurt on those motorcycles, I remember hearing about the "Ride Like A Pro" series of training videos.. After having an epiphany about all the people those "Ride Like A Pro" fellers have helped PLUS knowing how RICH :mo money::mo money::mo money::Laugh: (just cause I am retiring does not mean I am no longer a 100% pure bread CAPITALIST AMERICAN THRU AND THRU:Bunny:) they became by selling those videos I decided I will do something similar..

I spent an enormous amount of time putting together Part One of my new series "Ride Like A Geezer".. After calculating my investment - including the purchase of the trainer bike and what it cost me for help in recording this video (Tip dont work cheaply BUT - wayyyyyyy cheaper than getting a professional video person like @videoarizona involved) I figured if I could get $60 per viewing on this series I should about break even by the end of summer and be in the black by spring!!

WOW - retirement is exhausting!!!! Now I am not sure I did the right thing!!

Huh! And I thought LOL was "Laughing Out Loud"

:scared: GOOD EYE there Bongo - I DEFINITELY will correct that in Part 2 and will point out the fact that you caught it = might wanna keep your eye open for the next installment.. Heyyy,, was just interviewing a perspective new employee - going over his resume over on another thread (see Rollers retirement thread).. Going thru paperwork here,, any chance you would be interested in an Editors position? Pays in all Beef Hot Dogs - think about it and let me know = I LOVE working with Bongo!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Well schucks guess I owe you $60, Can I get half off on that because I was laughing so hard thru it that I missed half of what you were intructing...:rasberry: I got a kick out of it. I think that trainer would look cool with those rolled up type leather pouches one on each side and then one hanging on the handle bars, But where is Tippy gonna sit?

Hey @cowpuc, Best instructional video yet! But my bikes are 1986 MKII's, does that mean mine are not "Big Boy Bikes"? :think:

I would like to make a suggestion for the next video instalment in the series......"How to do wheelies for Geezers" bonus points if you film it on Tweeksis.

I completely agree, 2nd gear is for losers! Even though my bike doesn't have the issue, I still skip 2nd gear in tribute to all my comrades with 83 - 85's. :rasberry:

You didn't mention LMAO which was the most descriptive acronym for this video. I did learn one thing from this video, ok maybe two things:

1. What IMHO means. I often wondered.

2. Puc is always good for a slice of entertainment. Wait I already knew that.

Maybe it was just one thing I learned.

Gotta disagree a little about the 2nd gear Puc. As you are relearning now 2nd is the fun gear on a 1st Gen!!! Get you ready to launch into 3rd where ya can break into that 100 MPH + range!!! :Avatars_Gee_George:

After that ya are on your own as the Warden has been known to peek at these posts!!!:backinmyday: I Know Nothing!! :innocent-emoticon::mugshot:

Soooo when do you plan to do all the add on's for all your camping gear.

Thats gonna be a while Bum,,, we got a lot of ground to cover before the Geezers will be ready for add on's.. Keep a weathered eye peeled though cause sooner or later I will get there and I may need to hire you as a consultant!!

Well schucks guess I owe you $60, Can I get half off on that because I was laughing so hard thru it that I missed half of what you were intructing...:rasberry: I got a kick out of it. I think that trainer would look cool with those rolled up type leather pouches one on each side and then one hanging on the handle bars, But where is Tippy gonna sit?

Dont sweat the small stuff Snype - I am already headed into the black (was down at neighbors - he gave me a can of pop to drink while we watched and, I brought the can home = .10 cents) so only 59.90 and from there on out - PROFITS!! Watch freely and enjoy!!

Not gonna do 2 up on the trainer - Tip has her own trainer scoot so I dont have to share..

Hey cowpuc, Best instructional video yet! But my bikes are 1986 MKII's, does that mean mine are not "Big Boy Bikes"? :think:

I would like to make a suggestion for the next video instalment in the series......"How to do wheelies for Geezers" bonus points if you film it on Tweeksis.

I completely agree, 2nd gear is for losers! Even though my bike doesn't have the issue, I still skip 2nd gear in tribute to all my comrades with 83 - 85's. :rasberry:

Awe,, THANKS RIV!! Glad you found some value therein brother from a different mother!! Ya know what,, I KNEW that comment about "big boy bike" was NO WAY gonna fly - just had that gut feeling!! THANK YOU for pointing it out - sorry about that.. Tell what sweet brother of mine - you inspired me to have a short apology segment in future installments - just to smooth any waves I caused in prior segments - may wanna watch!!

Roger Dodger on the wheelie segment!! I think that would work - may be a while though cause, as I was telling Bum above - gotta ways to go before I am ready to encourage 60 to 100 year old new bikers to run er thru the gears on the back wheel..

Puc, you're the Master of Entertainment! Love it. Doug

Your just biased cause I'm your old man.. Glad you still appreciate me and your mom though Sonshine!! Tip says Hi!!

Puc, you are a 62 year old teenager!

Don't forget that as a 62 yr old you are now eligible for the $10 lifetime National Park Pass!!!!

At heart = DEFINITELY!! And WOWZY - THANKS for the tip on the Park Pass = Tweeks, Tip and Puc's new address:

Loafers Rd, Kings Canyon,,,, nope,, nope,,,, change that,,,,,,, Geezer Gulch, Glacier NP,,,,,,, nope,, another change,,,, Gone 4 Good Lane, Yeller Stone

Heck, Puc...for some pennies for gas money and hot dogs, I would have come up and helped you shoot the whole series!!

Laughing my buns off. BUT, you have great balance and skills on that little scoot! Love that!

Like that guy in "The Wizard Of Oz" said = Well Bust My Buttons, Why Didnt You Say So!!!!!! Come up here for a Hot Dog and you can be our first G.S. (Guest Star) plus run the video for Tweeks, Tip and I for a full blown Geezer Touring segment when we get that far!!! YOU DA MAN!!! Glad you "get it" brother and it made you :big-grin-emoticon:.. Bet it alllll made you VERY happy that you learned to ride a long time ago!!

Hey Puc, I'm a " girlzer" not a geezer, so you planning a video for us?? ( inquiring minds ) :think:

Didnt even occur to me until you mentioned it sister - THANK YOU!! Not sure how to handle that one - sure would not be fun to paint myself in a corner like I did with the "big boys bike" comment.. Would REALLY not be fun to have a bunch of biker chicks chase me down and put a whoopin on me for calling em girlzers:255::240:... If somehow we are able to hook up this year - we could get together and maybe make something??? Or,, maybe another Girlzer who reads this will come forward and volunteer as a Guest Star.. Or I could dress up like a,,,, ahhhhh,,, no,, that wont work,,,,,,,,,, my voice is to low :missingtooth: - besides,, I dont wanna become known as a Transmissionite or whatever that is.. I get in enough trouble riding topless like I do sometimes..

Yea,, between all of us something will work out!!

You didn't mention LMAO which was the most descriptive acronym for this video. I did learn one thing from this video, ok maybe two things:

1. What IMHO means. I often wondered.

2. Puc is always good for a slice of entertainment. Wait I already knew that.

Maybe it was just one thing I learned.

Seeeee,, it IS possible to teach a REAL Dragon Slayer new tricks!!:thumbsup: Now the BIG trick is gonna be how to UNLEARN some of this stuff Bob!:bluesbrother:

Gotta disagree a little about the 2nd gear Puc. As you are relearning now 2nd is the fun gear on a 1st Gen!!! Get you ready to launch into 3rd where ya can break into that 100 MPH + range!!! :Avatars_Gee_George:

After that ya are on your own as the Warden has been known to peek at these posts!!!:backinmyday: I Know Nothing!! :innocent-emoticon::mugshot:

EXCELLENT POINT bro = EXCELLENT POINT!!!

PS - Tip has governed at 100 (she caught me running 115/120 all morning wayyyy out in Wyoming across the Medicine Bow - said if I could keep it at 100 or below she would be more comfortable).. Of course - my response was "ok sweetheart, I am good with that but now we could get by with a 2 speed scoot = 1st to 3rd :big-grin-emoticon:)

Having that second gear sure does get us there a LOT faster PLUS - talk about NICE for lightening the front end when ya need to jump a hole or something = REAL responsive...

Actually - dont tell any other short shifters this but,,, second has become my favorite,, probably cause I went 30 years and 5 bikes without it :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by cowpuc

Dont sweat the small stuff Snype - I am already headed into the black (was down at neighbors - he gave me a can of pop to drink while we watched and, I brought the can home = .10 cents) so only 59.90 and from there on out - PROFITS!! Watch freely and enjoy!!

Not gonna do 2 up on the trainer - Tip has her own trainer scoot so I dont have to share..

Now I know you just Squirrellier then a squirrel that lost his acorns, Now that is cool she has her own. So where is your stickers. That wouldn't be your trainer till its covered in them, maybe for this one get some beer stickers, and some sayings you like and stick them all over it. WELL on second thought find some Beef Frank stickers and ballpark stickers.. Maybe by episode 2 :Avatars_Gee_George:!!