IGNORED

Options for MP3 Player that holds 90GB Any Ideas

Cowboy

Looking for an Alternate MP3 Player that will hold 90GB. Does anybody have ideas.

I-Pod Touch 128GB cost more than what I want to spend $350-$400

I would like to find something around $200 - $250 or of course anything less would be nice.

Thanks for any input or ideas.

I don't really have an answer for you. I have an Ipod Nano that is seldom used any longer. The nano used to come in higher capacities but I think they are only 16 GB now. I saw no reason to carry around an Ipod and a Iphone so now just use my phone for both. I have a 256GB Iphone 7 plus and it serves as my phone and music and I don't have to worry about keeping two different devices charged. My wife has a Iphone 7 with 128GB and that is even enough for us. To be honest, we don't listen to the MP3's as much as we used to. It's usually Pandora or Iheart now and the phones to that very well also.

I am cheapskate, bought $80.00 phone 16gb internal memory and 16gb expandable memory. I use Pandora for internet radio, and Napster already a member of it before Pandora went to subscription based, I can't think what napster was called before hand its been that long.... I download to external for music I really like and use about 10gbs, I highly doubt I will ever listen to it all on a single trip as it is about 3 days of music. But most of the time I use Pandora for music outside of downloads. Napster Radio for some reason cuts out on me, *Buffering*. Freebird where on earth you ever gonna use that much space on a phone? I had no Idea them phones got up to that much memory now. Top that I installed a Bluetooth Radio, that has slot for USB sticks, and an auxillary port AM/Fm Radio. No CD players cpt on computers...

I also used to use an iPod nano 32G. I now have a 128G SD card in my old Galaxy S5 phone and it holds all of my music, movies, and then some. It would easily handle your 90G of music. The phones can output thru a headphone jack or blue tooth or USB to be able to interface with whatever you have. The SD card to add to my phone was about $60. Newer phones can take a 256G SD card. The phone can also handle all of my GPS duties, camera duties and a bunch of other things that I no longer have to carry with me.

You can probably buy an older I phone with the space you want vs an actual I pod touch. I do have an old Galaxy S2 or 3 I think. I can see what the capacity is if you might want to use it as a music storage.

Thanks to all!

Great ideas as usual.

Freebird, Seems the places I tend to ride the most cell phone signals are not good so my Pandora does not work. I have Verizon and the wife has AT&T trying to make it so we one of us would have coverage, However once again the backwoods rider that I am, I find poor cell service.

I realize that you can not listen to all the songs that I have in one trip, even though when I go for 28 days I is nice not to hear the same song. Never know what mood we are in and what music we want to listen to.

Over the years I have collected Music from Family and Friends. Great variety which is the spice of life.

Flyinfool, I will look into the SID Card 128G that sound like the best option. I was not aware that I could do that or it was available. Wife has an I phone and uses it to take pictures so I new I could not use her's. I think I have an old Android so I will look into that option. Thanks

Djh3, Thanks for the offer, I think I have and old one and will try putting an SID Card see if I get the results I am looking for.

Thanks to all again. Keep coming up with new ideas.

Brian Shoemaker

I have an iPhone 4s that's not being used anymore, so I wiped it out, loaded about 12gb music, and play it on my Bluetooth hooked up to my radio. It will play about 8 days before it starts repeating songs.

Bill

I never had an I anything before the Victory. It had a connector for it so I started looking. You can find the little Ipods with 6 gb or so and you can just sort of change them out. But I bought an Iphone 4s from a friend and just use it for music. I dont think its got 3gb of stuff on it rite now.

There are a number of mp3 player out there.

My thought would be for you to find one with long battery life (20 hrs) or so, small, have bluetooth built in and accept micro sd cards. With the sd cards, you can make your own mixes on each card so as your mood changes, so can your music.

Bluetooth is nice as it can be used at home or on road. Some devices can switch between being transmitters or receivers. Useful when plugging into Aux input on RSVs.

Note: One of the reasons I still use the cassette deck on the bike is I do make my own mixes.

• 6 months later...

you can pickup a iPod classic for under $200. they are fantastic, i am using a 5th gen upgraded with a sd card instead of the hard drive and it holds over a week of music.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Classic-5th-6th-or-7th-Generation-30GB-60GB-80GB-120GB-160GB/382067651909?epid=85892268&hash=item58f501b545:m:mSSfpwaMLCQy1vm0a6vIKtA

Just looked on e-bay. 64gb i phone 4 goes for around $60. I would have to go look to see what mine is. But I know just before our trip in Oct I built a playlist with over 4hr of music, and I have 3 or 4 more that have a couple hours each on them. I still got space.

• 4 years later...