IGNORED

MK1 Trailer Hitch

CMCOFFEY

Does anyone happen to have an MK1 Trailer hitch for sale or happen to know where I can get one? I have not been able to find one on EBay.

I had one on my 2nd gen, so I bought a trailer, now I sold the 2nd gen and my 1st Gen does not have a hitch.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

is the MKI the same as the gen1 MKII in regards to the trailer hitch?

If so I could be talked into parting with it, the bike has more luggage space than a VW Notchback so I dont foresee the need for a trailer anytime soon.

I do not know if they are the same, but I will look into it.

That is an interesting question. I called a trailer place here about installing a hitch on my bike and I about fell over. Think the place quoted me 400-500 to install one. I had an opportunity to get a deep red trailer for a motorcycle up in joplin for $150. Nothing wrong with it either.

The MK1 and MK2 hitches are not interchangeable. Different frame dimensions and mounting points on the rear of the bikes.

$400-500 is also ridiculous.

For a new hitch....

http://www.motorcycle-hitch.com/Yamaha.html

They come up fairly often on ebay. Just watch close to be sure all of the parts are there. Sometimes when they remove it from the bike they do not take off all of the brackets to include in the sale, and sometimes the intentionally break up the parts into separate sales. When I bought my hitch there were sever sellers that had broken the hitch into separate auctions, boy were they all POed when I bought some parts from each of them, now they were left with incomplete hitches that would be almost impossible to sell.