IGNORED

Just renewed my insurance for the year

Freebird

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :bang head: :crackup:

I received my renewal notice a few days ago, Cad $1079 (yes you read that right!) & that does NOT include collision/ comprehensive. I have that with a private insurer another $170!

Before anyone says shop around... we can't we can only obtain our 3rd party liability from our Provincial (Read Gov't run) Insurance Corp.

I have a good driving record, but the Max discount I will ever be allowed is what I have now, 43% (& have had for a number of years now) without that discount they advise I would be paying $1904!!! they proudly announce at the bottom of the renewal that My Savings this year are $825! :mad:

Oh! & that is with a senior's discount & the vehicle cannot be used for ANY kind of work related use. If it is that costs more!

Every year the company applies for & always gets a 4-5% increase in premiums, we have been told that within the next five years premiums may have to increase by up to 42%!!!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day guys.

Yup pretty much anywhere in Canada it's very expensive.. Mine is about $750 and I have shopped around..

That's still a LOT cheaper than here in BC! One has to ask why???? We're not allowed to shop around, surely that must infringe my Charter Rights somehow (freedom of choice?) What we need is competition, with a Gov't run monopoly we're never going to get ahead. If it can be done south of the 49th it could be done here!

Yup pretty much anywhere in Canada it's very expensive.. Mine is about $750 and I have shopped around..

I was paying 1300.00 for the very same bike here in Toronto. I guess Wizard765 is paying less cause he is in a smaller town. And don't forget...we only get to ride about 6 months, compared to some guys in the States, who can ride them year round. We really getting the shaft here in Canada. Spineless politicians are in the pocket of Insurance companies, I guess. :bang head:

:beer::canada:

I also forgot in my first post, that 3rd party liability is limited to $1 million.

If we want more than the basic $1M we have to pay extra! & of course 'they' advise that we should carry at least $3 million. It's just one HUGE racket. The courts here have pegged total incapacity (ie loss of both arms & both legs at $360k) that's IT that's the maximum you can be awarded for quadriplegic injuries!

As for the earlier comment about politicians being in the insurance co's pockets, here the politicians (effectively) ARE the insurance company. They make noises about how any surpluses should be given back to drivers in the form of rebates BUT then decide no, they'll take any surpluses instead!

From 2013-2016 the Insurance Corp of BC was projecting profits of $1 Billion & the Gov't was planning to scoop around $160 Million each year that goes into General Revenue. So tell me, why would the Gov't have any interest at all in reducing insurance premiums? :mad: :bang head:

Edited by Kretz

Basic liability is all I can get on my 89 Venture and 80 Honda Twinstar. I wish I could get more but I guess the insurance company doesn't want to deal with fixing older bikes. Still, I guess I can't complain about 75 a year. Sorry to hear about the prices in Canada, I hope everyone moving there brings their checkbook!:missingtooth:

I also forgot in my first post, that 3rd party liability is limited to $1 million.

If we want more than the basic $1M we have to pay extra! & of course 'they' advise that we should carry at least $3 million. It's just one HUGE racket. The courts here have pegged total incapacity (ie loss of both arms & both legs at $360k) that's IT that's the maximum you can be awarded for quadriplegic injuries!

As for the earlier comment about politicians being in the insurance co's pockets, here the politicians (effectively) ARE the insurance company. They make noises about how any surpluses should be given back to drivers in the form of rebates BUT then decide no, they'll take any surpluses instead!

From 2013-2016 the Insurance Corp of BC was projecting profits of $1 Billion & the Gov't was planning to scoop around $160 Million each year that goes into General Revenue. So tell me, why would the Gov't have any interest at all in reducing insurance premiums? :mad: :bang head:

These politicians do get into office by the citizens voting for them? right? Sounds like it's time for a voter rebellion.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :bang head: :crackup:

I received my renewal notice a few days ago, Cad $1079 (yes you read that right!) & that does NOT include collision/ comprehensive. I have that with a private insurer another $170!

Before anyone says shop around... we can't we can only obtain our 3rd party liability from our Provincial (Read Gov't run) Insurance Corp.

I have a good driving record, but the Max discount I will ever be allowed is what I have now, 43% (& have had for a number of years now) without that discount they advise I would be paying $1904!!! they proudly announce at the bottom of the renewal that My Savings this year are $825! :mad:

Oh! & that is with a senior's discount & the vehicle cannot be used for ANY kind of work related use. If it is that costs more!

Every year the company applies for & always gets a 4-5% increase in premiums, we have been told that within the next five years premiums may have to increase by up to 42%!!!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day guys.

Well I have renters Insurance, Auto Insurance, and Motorcycle Insurance thru State Farm all of them combined is $2,200 a year, I miss the $68 a month for full coverage on everything didn't have renters insurance at the time. But I believe they said thats like 15 a month for $25,000 in coverage. I could be wrong on that, I just know its good to have it specially as crazy as things have gotten around my area lately.

It is always good to have the government run a private business. They are always cost conscious.

If you believe that I have swamp land in Florida I would like to sell.

The heck you say, look how well it worked for health insurance here in the USA, what could possibly go wrong by the government mucking about in property/auto insurance as well?

Your not suggesting that the gov may not have our best interest at heart, are you? :rotf::stirthepot:

These politicians do get into office by the citizens voting for them? right? Sounds like it's time for a voter rebellion.

Makes no difference the colour of the party or politicians that are elected... they all worship at the cash cows that are "Crown Corporations"

Funny this thread comes around about every time my insurance on bike is due. I just got my cost from Dairyland a couple days ago. Granted my bike is a 2013 Victory XCT. $570 But I dont carry minimums either, full coverage with higher liabilities. I think the RSV was just about $415 a year.

Lets face it In Canada Crime is legalized in some areas such as insurance, 407 toll fees and taxes, Don't try to make an honest living just to survive because if you are your probably breaking some bogus law designed to protect the legalized criminals from the middle class criminals.

OOPS I now see what you taking about Don

To the list of no politics, religion, and guns....can we add Insurance? Gets us Canadians riled up

Just renewed the insurance on my '05 Midnight. $76.00 for another year. :) Guess I can't complain.

I could only dream of insurance that cheap, my Venture is $1500, full coverage with collision, spotless record but only had my bike licence for 8 months or so.

Insurance, just add it to the long list of items that Canadians get ripped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could only dream of insurance that cheap, my Venture is $1500, full coverage with collision, spotless record but only had my bike licence for 8 months or so.

Insurance, just add it to the long list of items that Canadians get ripped off.

Have you shopped around? I was with Cooperators for years for life, car, house, and bike...when I went to Riders Plus in 2010 for the bike my insurance dropped 30%. My 2009 costs me $1200 (2015 and 2016 rates) with full coverage but I've been riding for years.

Have you shopped around? I was with Cooperators for years for life, car, house, and bike...when I went to Riders Plus in 2010 for the bike my insurance dropped 30%. My 2009 costs me $1200 (2015 and 2016 rates) with full coverage but I've been riding for years.

Riders Plus wanted almost $1900, told me to come back once I have my M. I understand that I am a new rider and as such should pay accordingly, but even with years of experience $1200 so you can ride maybe 6 months does seem a bit ridiculous, especially when compared to what some US riders are paying.