IGNORED

Found it

2WHEELSFORME

With 118K on my 05 Midnight I felt I needed something newer so to be more reliable for out of town trips alone. Love my 2nd gen but found something the 3rd gen needs to be. More cylinders more CCs, more HP, faster, better braking, better handling, stiffer frame, better gas mileage, better creature comforts, better wind protection, and more. Rather than a Yammi 3rd gen it is made by Honda and is called a F6B. Amazing bike, like a sport bike for large people. Still have the RSV and will keep it as a great back up bike. Always like the Gold Wings but I'm big so felt cramped with that huge back seat and trunk. The F6B has neither and much more room for the rider.

Also has -No Cruise, no nav, no passenger seat to speak of few other things they stripped off. For apparently no reason. Who wants a touring bike with no cruise? (crickets) I sort of think they are cool too, but lack of the things that make a GW nice would make me step away. I was in a Honda dealer last week and he told me they did not make any 2016 models of those as they didnt sell great. Also that allegedly there is a new GW on the drawing boards for next model year.

More HP, more CC's more cyl here ya go.

BHC3LS3SS_1.jpg

I'm still waiting for an updated 1st gen. Same comfortable riding position, friendly for taller folks.

No cruiser blood, all tourer with sporting feel like the current gen1.

1700cc Vmax V4 retuned for torque and MPG. Factory lightweight 4-2-1 exhaust with adjustable baffle from stealth to aggressive.

6 speed double overdrive gearbox

Nav/intercom/digital audio player, no more of the dying/dead audio formats.

Manually adjustable seat, pegs, bars, electronically adjustable windscreen (keep cost and wt down)

Heated pneumatic seat and grips.

Current hardware like forks, brakes, shock et al.

7 US gallon tank in the same location for insane range.

traditional cruise control.

While updated lets keep the link to the original gen 1 obvious in the styling cues.

Put me down for a test ride, I'm probably in when they do it.

I've got a riding buddy that has an F6B and he loves it. I like them as well and will consider one or a GW for my next ride even if Mama Yamaha gets back in he touring market which I don't think is going to happen. Although, an updated 3rd gen RSV would be nice to consider.

Also has -No Cruise, no nav, no passenger seat to speak of few other things they stripped off. For apparently no reason. Who wants a touring bike with no cruise? (crickets) I sort of think they are cool too, but lack of the things that make a GW nice would make me step away. I was in a Honda dealer last week and he told me they did not make any 2016 models of those as they didnt sell great. Also that allegedly there is a new GW on the drawing boards for next model year.

More HP, more CC's more cyl here ya go.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108724

Oh yes they have cruise now. Did not at first but my 15 has it stock from Honda. Passenger seat is much bigger than most bikes and I seldom need one at all. Plenty of 16s sold almost anywhere Hondas are sold, just take a look at E-bay, Cycle Trader etc. Maybe your dealer guy does not know so much and gave you some bad info. Remember I do still have my 05 RSV so if I miss anything I can scratch the itch. Looking forward to seeing what the GW has on the new generation, I hear it might include new front forks without shocks inside. Not being all that popular with the general public is what makes getting one a bargain somewhat like the RSV. Lots of people do not realize what a comfortable bike the Venture is or what a great handling bike the F6B is.

Oh yes they have cruise now. Did not at first but my 15 has it stock from Honda. Passenger seat is much bigger than most bikes and I seldom need one at all. Plenty of 16s sold almost anywhere Hondas are sold, just take a look at E-bay, Cycle Trader etc. Maybe your dealer guy does not know so much and gave you some bad info. Remember I do still have my 05 RSV so if I miss anything I can scratch the itch. Looking forward to seeing what the GW has on the new generation, I hear it might include new front forks without shocks inside. Not being all that popular with the general public is what makes getting one a bargain somewhat like the RSV. Lots of people do not realize what a comfortable bike the Venture is or what a great handling bike the F6B is.

(crickets)