IGNORED

Daytona bike week

tufftom4

Funny you bring up BikeWeek. I was just saying to my wife this is the first time I would even consider riding my bike to Florida from Pa. at this time of year. It was 75 here yesterday and 70 today. This would be the year to do it!! How far away from Daytona would I have to travel to find a hotel room if I didnt have a reservation?

Craig

Funny you bring up BikeWeek. I was just saying to my wife this is the first time I would even consider riding my bike to Florida from Pa. at this time of year. It was 75 here yesterday and 70 today. This would be the year to do it!! How far away from Daytona would I have to travel to find a hotel room if I didnt have a reservation?

Craig

I have no idea about reservations I always pitch a tent or bring the motor home you can pitch a tent along side me.

Just jump on some of the travel sites and put in your dates. Daytona will be more than say St Augustine or Deland, or down Steve's way in Edgewater both maybe 45 min hour away. Any of the beach hotels are going to be high and most are pretty crappy for what you get unless you spend $150 a night or more.

I'm planing on going up probably the first weekend. I forget why right now but the second weekend I remember something going on that keeps me from going.

Hmmmm. I'm seriously thinking about leaving early and going to Bike Week on the 10th. I have to be at a week long national sales meeting in Orlando from the 11th - 17th. I am going to be towing my bike down there, because I'm flying my wife down on the 17th, and we are going to leave my truck and trailer at a friends house in Zephyrhills (north Tampa), and ride down to the Florida Keys for 3-4 days after the sales meeting. I was going to leave my house on the 10th and drive to Albany, Ga, then make it to Orlando on the 11th. bUt, now, I'm thinking about leaving my house on the 9th, and making it down to the Daytona area on the 10th so I can spend most of the day enjoying the sites of Bike Week. Hmmmm.