IGNORED

Calling electrical gurus

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its its non existent. Lol.

Me and bongobobny can't find it on the schematics.

Now tracing this on the schematics I have the only exception and difference is the L/W wire, mine shows L, R/W, B, G that is the fuel pump relay? This is also going off of a 1984-1985 wiring schematic.

Edited by snyper316

Now tracing this on the schematics I have the only exception and difference is the L/W wire, mine shows L, R/W, B, G that is the fuel pump relay? This is also going off of a 1984-1985 wiring schematic.

No no I already found the fuel pump relay it was a perfect match.

Yeah well I am just curious if you tried to follow like the grey wire or the blue and white wire to see where it leads, I know the red and white wire comes on with the key, Black is usually for ground so I would try to follow the other wires...

the grey went to the coils.

That what I was thinking on the grey wire, still curious where blue and white goes.

well, im sure it didnt go anywhere important, because it was snipped probably due to process of elimination and that was the last thing standing. meaning wherever it connected to was something unimportant and was cut.

well, im sure it didnt go anywhere important, because it was snipped probably due to process of elimination and that was the last thing standing. meaning wherever it connected to was something unimportant and was cut.

have you ever hooked up an aftermarket tach?

That what I was thinking on the grey wire, still curious where blue and white goes.

If you look at the wire diagram for an 84 then that has the right colors to be the fuel pump relay, and the grey wire from the fuel pump relay does go to coil #2 .

As was determined in another thread there may have been electrical changes to the 83 mid year that are not documented in the wiring diagrams.

If you look at the wire diagram for an 84 then that has the right colors to be the fuel pump relay, and the grey wire from the fuel pump relay does go to coil #2 .

As was determined in another thread there may have been electrical changes to the 83 mid year that are not documented in the wiring diagrams.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

So should I be looking at a 84 diagram or is it a mix of the two??

It looks more like a mix of the 2.

The 84 says you should have a grey, a red/white, a black and a blue wire.

The 83 says it should be 2 red/white, a blue/black and a blue/white.

You have the Red/white, grey, black from the 84 and the blue/white from the 83.

There is also a typo on the connector for the fuel pump relay on the 84 diagram, the connector shows 2 red/white wires, one of them should be black to match the wires going to the connector.

About this, should it not be the same or similar to installing a tach on the Gen 2's? I have seen several threads on here about installing a tach for them.

Im sure it is! I've searched tach tachometer tachometer installation everything I can think of but still haven't been able to find one!

From the the general consensus, you hook it up to a gray wire coming off the coil.

I have no idea if this will help since most of the discussion is about the 2nd gens. But since they are the same engines, I thought maybe you might get some ideas...

There are some links you might be able to follow to help guide you in your tach installation. If they are broken, you can ask to see if Don can re-connect them.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?85267-Barons-Tach-Install-Wiring&highlight=tachs