IGNORED

RSTD Lighting (again)

Anyone know for sure if these will fit RSTD OEM Headlight bucket & OEM aux light buckets?

They are available from a number of sources around the same price, all say Harley fitment. As far as I can tell they are just a "sealed beam" led unit. 7" for the main & 4.5" for the auxiliaries. BUT I think it's only a Harley fitment due to the PLUG on the wires.

ie Cut off the plug & they could be wired into the Headlight & Aux light circuits on RSTD?? (or any other bike with the same size lights)

Am I correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LED-Chrome-Projector-Daymaker-Headlight-Light-4-5-Passing-Lights-For-Harley-/232066084028?fits=Make%3AHarley-Davidson

Thanks in advance for any info

Hope I did that correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, it worked so the answer is probably yes.

When I want to put in a link to a thread I just copy it from the address bar of the browser and then paste it into my post like this:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?126246-2007-RSTD-LED-Headlamp-replacement

As you can see, the url is not hosted by tapatalk.com. Other than that they both accomplish the same thing.

Hey Alsbar, thanks! I remembered your post in my other "lighting" thread after I posted this. So why did you need the additional chrome ring?

Does it fit inside the Stock RSTD Chrome ring on the headlamp bucket or does it replace the stock ring? Just a bit confused as to why the additional ring is required. Thanks again for your help on this.

I had to use the additional ring because the stock light's diameter was a little larger than the new light. I didn't plan to do it this way, but it worked perfectly with absolutely ZERO alterations. I put the "new" trim ring on the new light, then installed it just as I would the original light.

I simply turned the new ring until the tabs were out of the way, and it fit perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
Anyone know for sure if these will fit RSTD OEM Headlight bucket & OEM aux light buckets?

They are available from a number of sources around the same price, all say Harley fitment. As far as I can tell they are just a "sealed beam" led unit. 7" for the main & 4.5" for the auxiliaries. BUT I think it's only a Harley fitment due to the PLUG on the wires.

ie Cut off the plug & they could be wired into the Headlight & Aux light circuits on RSTD?? (or any other bike with the same size lights)

Am I correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LED-Chrome-Projector-Daymaker-Headlight-Light-4-5-Passing-Lights-For-Harley-/232066084028?fits=Make%3AHarley-Davidson

Thanks in advance for any info

I recently purchased a similar set off ebay, and finally got around to installing them this past weekend. Sorry, no pictures (before or after), however I have to say I'm disappointed in the headlamp. By itself (passing lights turned off), it wasn't nearly as bright as the PIAA 6k bulb I had in it before. The passing lights did seem to do a pretty good job as what they're intended for. So ultimately, I removed the LED's and returned to stock.