IGNORED

messed that up big

rbig1

Can't have fun like that everyday! :stickpoke:

Reminds me of when I rode my 73 Honda CB750 up a board that I placed on the steps leading to the porch between my apartment and the next apt at NC State Univ married student housing. I was parking my bike on the porch out of the weather. I didn't build up enough speed to make it up the board and gave it some more throttle while on the board. The bike spun sideways and I fell into the bushes beside the steps with the bike falling on top of me!!!! Luckily neither I nor the bike was injured!

Yup thats one of my fears if I get a toy hauler. The aborted load. Not sure how I'm going to unload that dang thing either, because only way is to back it down the ramp. thanks to some experienced folks here they steered me away from the Outback toy haulers with the side doors. Not only are they very steep angle to load, trailer is only like 8' wide. My bike is somewhere in the 9.5' total range. So it would have to be angled into the room.

When I got a job after graduating, I rode that same CB750 up the ramp into a uhaul truck. It wasn't that bad because I put the ramp end on the porch so the grade wasn't too bad. When I got to my new apt. I unloaded it by backing it down the ramp. I had to keep both feet on the ramp balancing the bike so I could only use the front brake. The front wheel wouldn't hold the bike so I backed down the ramp with the front tire sliding all the way down the ramp. I was fortunate that the bike came down slow enough that I was somewhat able to control it enough to keep it on the ramp without falling off. Whew!

been there done that, I was unloading my 2006 venture when it happen to me. There is a spot where your feet will not reach try this take two boards place them on the ramp and the ground so when you get to that spot your feet are on the boards till you can reach the ground again and as you found out when loading once you commit don't stop until your loaded. We loaded two ventures in a sixteen foot enclosed trailer that was fun but it worked. Good Luck

Ouch!

Just some thoughts.

It is hard for the front brake to hold on a steep hill.

Did you pull in the clutch while rolling back? Leaving the clutch engaged may have added just enough friction to hold it on the ramp.

it may help to get some of the adhesive backed no slip stuff to put on the ramp so that you have better traction, especially if it is wet or damp.

There is a lot of daylight between the center ramp and the left ramp. I can not tell if they slid apart or if it was just the sag of the center ramp. The center ramp sagged a lot while loading, add some bolts to tie all of the ramps together, and keep them from sliding apart.

Another option is to get a small 12V winch with remote control mounted in the front to pull the bike up and to slowly lower it back down for unloading. You are going to have the same issue unloading where the bike wants to run away down the hill.