IGNORED

The center of North America

Freebird

In the past, we have had discussions here, usually due to discussions on where to hold International Rallies, about where the center of North America might be. Apparently this is something that even scientists struggle with. The new answer, according to one man anyway, is Center, North Dakota. Now this is the center of North America, NOT the center of the USA. I've never heard of it but apparently it is a small town of around 570 people.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/01/09/bulls-eye-geographer-pinpoints-center-north-america.html

Well you can think what you want, and can post all the arguments for or against, but the center of the universe is where I am right this moment, and if it's the center of the universe then NA might as well tune itself in as well and realize that there is no more important spot than where Carl has his being presently. As far as I'm concerned I'm in the center,, well at least that seems to be the thought of the times, and I thought seeing as I was run over by computers years ago, I might as well get with the times and bend with the winds.

Well you can think what you want, and can post all the arguments for or against, but the center of the universe is where I am right this moment, and if it's the center of the universe then NA might as well tune itself in as well and realize that there is no more important spot than where Carl has his being presently. As far as I'm concerned I'm in the center,, well at least that seems to be the thought of the times, and I thought seeing as I was run over by computers years ago, I might as well get with the times and bend with the winds.

so ...... one could say you're "self-centered" then.... :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :rotf:

so ...... one could say you're "self-centered" then.... :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :rotf:
It is true that Carl talks so much :backinmyday: that he makes himself the center of attention ........But the universe...:think:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108074

Belle Fourche, SD. Geographic center of the 50 US States.

Will see if I can find my picture of the geographic center of NA (near Rugby, SD).

RR

WhAt about the geographical center of the lower 48. I know I am the geographical center of LITTLE paradise, Georgia.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108074

Belle Fourche, SD. Geographic center of the 50 US States.

Will see if I can find my picture of the geographic center of NA (near Rugby, SD).

RR

Yup, been to that monument too, RR, but the monument is not the actual spot. The actual spot is in the middle of a field, and you are warned about possible dangers of visiting that spot, one of them being poisonous snakes from what I remember...

Getting back to the subject on hand... For national meets, I would say the center didn't matter. What matters is when Orlin and people like him volunteer to hold those meets.

That said, the lower 48 should be considered... Putting Kansas or near there, the ideal place for the national USA meets.

The International should be just that. We have enough members in Europe area that could hold a meet......

Or, do away with the word "International", and just have regional meets; USA, Europe, Asia...etc.

Don, why the discussion? What's the reasoning behind bringing this up?

Looking for opinions, thinking change????

I was thinking along the lines of the fourstates lol, but I would assume Kansas city would be pretty close to being the center. But just like St Louis I won't ride there let alone drive there. Them drivers scare me.

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Ok, I hope you are happy. I managed to kill 30 minutes looking at how many different types of centers of things there are in the lower 48.

http://clui.org/page/centers-usa-map

:hurts:

Plato sounds like a good place to go, 74 people and wouldn't take much to double that population for a few days. I don't see how 74 people would be accurate for Plato, Mo tho. It is a very small town but I think he it has a few more people then 74 people.