IGNORED

Prayers for my Brother in Law

Some of you have met my brother in law Terry. He used to rent my guest house and was around for a couple of Maintenance Days. Yesterday I spent 9 hours at the VA hospital in Cleveland with my wife as we waited while he had diagnostic tests and some preliminary surgery performed. He is in very serious condition. They have found that he has pancreatic cancer. Some of you will know that it is one of the most serious of the cancers and very hard to treat. He has some rough weeks and months ahead of him. The good news is that it appears that it was caught fairly early. More tests will be done today to further determine if it has spread but the news so far is about as positive as one can hope. Even with that though, the treatment is very difficult and success rates are very low. He went to the doctor because he was quickly losing weight and was turning yellow. That was due to the tumor squeezing and blocking the bial duct from his liver. Yesterday they put a stent in the bial duct to relieve the pressure on his liver and hopefully he will start feeling better but on January 11th, he will have a very dangerous surgery called the "Whipple" surgery where they will remove the gall bladder, part of his stomach, part of the pancreas, part of the small intestine and his gall bladder. The surgery itself is very dangerous. If he makes it through the surgery with no complications and the cancer indeed hasn't spread, then there is some hope for recovery and even possibly a full cure. The surgery will have to be followed by chemo and probably radiation.

My wife has lost her sister, mother, and sister in law to cancer over recent years so is, of course, not taking this well. I ask for your prayers for Terry and also for my wife as she deals with this dreaded disease once again.

Really sorry to hear this Don, I am sure there is a special place in heaven for Eileen, she has helped with more than her share. Is this the younger brother-in-law with the thick dark hair? Will keep everyone in our thoughts for the best possible outcome.

Craig

Yes I was thinking about Tony, but I also remember the other gentleman as well. Just wasnt sure which one you were talking about. Unfortunately I just buried a very good friend last week, stage 4 lung cancer he only lasted 5 weeks from being diagnosed... They kept him very comfortable and he didnt suffer at all.

Craig

Indeed my brother, Prayers Up!!

We pray dear Lord for the hurting one,

who although in your care.

Terry's burdens are so heavy,

it's truly hard to bear.

When sickness brings us to the edge,

causing us to wonder why.

All we can do is bend our knee's,

and pray You'll hear our cry.

It seems this thing called cancer,

has settled in our friend.

We look to You for tender healing,

as our knee's together bend.

We also pray for Eileen's heart,

your mercy do we seek.

As our thoughts and prayers come to you,

please honor the words we speak.

Our prayers are with you - God Bless you folks!

Puc n Tip

My prayers offered up I know what this is like my brother passed away from this he was to far advanced when they found it he just turned 51 and passed 2 weeks after his. birthday I too lost 3 family members to that dam C word my mom got bone cancer lost her at age 60 my dad got colon cancer lost him at age 70

• 2 weeks later...

Just a short update. Getting ready to leave for the hospital. Terry is having the surgery done today. From all that I've learned, it is a very difficult and a bit risky procedure. We are told that the surgery will take between 6 and 10 hours so it's going to be a long day. Even with this surgery, about the best hope they are giving us for controlling the cancer is around 30%. Many other complications along with this "Whipple" procedure.

Please keep Terry and also my wife Eileen in your prayers.