IGNORED

Prayers for my Brother in Law

Freebird,

You, Terry and Eileen have been prayed for, and will continue to be prayed for. Today is a long tiring day and you will have many others ahead that will require support. You have friends here in this community that love you and pray for you and will give you as much support as you want.

Keep looking up and get the most you can from each day. :amen:

Thanks for keeping us informed the best you can.

Richard

Edited by rcbailey56
Trying to get the names correct.

Just a short update. Terry was in surgery for 13 1/2 hours on Wednesday. I wish that I could say that it was a total success but unfortunately, that is not the case. They found that the cancer had spread to an area that they were unable to get to. So he went through a very radical surgery that the doctor said he would not have done had he been able to see on the CT Scan the extent of the tumor. It was too late to turn back though so the procedure was done. The only thing left now is radiation and chemo once he recovers enough strength to handle it. The doctor has told us that radiation and chemo are not generally very effective against the very aggressive pancreatic cancer but it is the only thing left. They started the surgery at 10:00 on Wednesday morning and it was after 11:00 PM when they finally finished. Eileen and I got home around 2:00 in the morning.

I'm sorry that I have not been here on the forum very much lately. I just have a lot on my plate right now. Terry is single and Eileen and I are the only ones around who can be there for him and try to take care of him. He is also not financially independent so in addition to my full-time job, I'm trying to run his business on the side. Because I'm out of town so much, that makes it pretty much a weekend job for me. He owns his own business where he sells and installs Acorn Stairlifts. Without that income, he will be unable to take care of his personal financial obligations so my goal is to keep it going at least enough for him to get by.

So, there is a lot going on right now and I'm not on here as much as I should be but I am reading messages every day and taking care of any issues that might arise. Thank you all for being the great people that you are. That makes my job here much easier.

Thanks for the update Don, sorry to hear about the surgery tho. Please take this time to be with your family, we can handle things around here and if there is a major problem we can live without this site for a while. Wish I lived closer I would be glad to help keep his business going. You and Eileen need to take care of yourselves as well...

All the best at this difficult time.

Craig

WOWZY,, sooo sorry to read the followup updates on this Don - please know you folks have our deepest concerns and our prayers are with each of you thru this!! Don, have you thought at all about starting a "Go Fund Me" type drive for Terry's needs? I have never done one of those and dont know much about how they work (as far as how the donations are allocated and all that) but it might be worth checking out. I do know from experience that even with decent insurance, medical stuff like you folks are dealing with on Terry's behalf can get really pricey. Just a thought! If nothing else, maybe make a "drive" here for Terry? Give folks a chance to chip in as/if they can..

Take care of yourself boss and your family, we will be good and TOTALLY understand even if the site had to be shut down due to technical difficulties and we all had to figure out VR Face Book for a short time. FAMILY FIRST BROTHER!!!!

Prayers Up and love you folks!

Puc n Tip

Just want to reassure you all that the site is not going to be shut down. Like I said, I am still doing what I've always done and just adding another job to it. I will be leaving tomorrow morning to go out of town for a few days and will have my usual hotel time in the evenings. I am still reading all messages and posts here and doing what needs to be done. No worries my friends.

• 4 months later...