IGNORED

Major announcement....back by popular demand....the 2017 Ontario Rally !!!!

XV1100SE

so what yer standin about for. Get yo apron on and gets ta work. We be expect'n the bestist welcome when wees gits to were yer too.

I would have been there already, but had to breakfast first, and then trip around the country to show off Brant & Oxford to some waylaid varmet from the city. Now I'm a long ways behind and have to rush to get there.

So for those that are interested some of us will be meeting thurs morning at the Tim Hortons on the N/E cornor of Brant st and Plains road in Burlington. Kick stands up about about 9:30 (right after calling Abdul and Herb to let them know we are rolling) taking the back roads. Meeting up at Mount Albert Road and HWY 48 about Noonish and on to Southwind from there arriving approx 1:30/2:00

Nice to know, maybe I'll be in time to join you, or maybe not, depends on who is leading and how many u-turns are involved.

Now that I have Don worried, I'll shut up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Carl are you going Wed. morning or Thurs.? If Wed. what time were you thinking? (Phantom said I booked for Wed. night) Am almost packed! Don private messaged me today to see when I was going and I think he said he might not go till Thurs.

Unfortunately I am very sick with a viral chest and sinus cold and laryngitis, so I will be not going. I hope everyone has a good time anyway (In other words try not to miss me too much). I will definitely miss spending the time with each and all of you as I was looking so forward to this event the moment Don announced a sequel to last years event. So ride safe everyone, enjoy the weekend and post lots of pictures.

Unfortunately I am very sick with a viral chest and sinus cold and laryngitis, so I will be not going. I hope everyone has a good time anyway (In other words try not to miss me too much). I will definitely miss spending the time with each and all of you as I was looking so forward to this event the moment Don announced a sequel to last years event. So ride safe everyone, enjoy the weekend and post lots of pictures.

So sorry to hear that Ben as you will be missed and I know how much you would like to be there.

Having a super time,,,, great ICE-CREAM!!! Great rides, lively campfire, good beer, and even Anne is enjoying test riding the great machines driven by various riders.Maybe more later. And oh yes, we are having a great time with SUPER ICE-CREAM.

TRIED TO LOAD SOME PICTURES UT THAT DON'T WORK SO GOOD

IMG_3513.jpg

Glad to see everyone is having a good time.

Great pics.

Not so great staying home.

Mike that Ural is nice looking machine hope to get a better look at it before the season is over.

And last but not least ........there was something else.......:think: What was it

:doh:Oh yeh now I remember

:Happy Birthday:Carl

Edited by saddlebum

Got home safe and sound. What a great weekend!! The weather was great, the company was awesome and the rides were well put together. As the newest member of this group I must say that any of you new members of this forum that are local enough to join in the fun but are too shy or worried about the Ventureriders being too cliquey, let me encourage you to come to a future event, after this weekend I feel like a part of the "family" and have made friendships that I'm sure will last for many meets to come. Thanks to all who had a hand in organizing this event, it was an enormous success in my books

Got home safe and sound. What a great weekend!! The weather was great, the company was awesome and the rides were well put together. As the newest member of this group I must say that any of you new members of this forum that are local enough to join in the fun but are too shy or worried about the Ventureriders being too cliquey, let me encourage you to come to a future event, after this weekend I feel like a part of the "family" and have made friendships that I'm sure will last for many meets to come. Thanks to all who had a hand in organizing this event, it was an enormous success in my books

We just got home by way of Bobcaygeon. Agree, it was a great event and with everything you said. So glad you could make it and I really like your comments

We made it home safe and sound, Tammie even had a nice snooze during the ride home. Topped off the weekend by stopping in and seeing my Dad for a short visit before he was out and about.

Gonna second and third was has already been said this was a great weekend, great folks renewed some old friendships and made some new ones. Big thanks to Don and Nancy, Carl and Marca for their efforts in making this meet a rousing success.

Mike

We got back home around 5pm. Had a great time and thanks to the "Crew" that put this all together. It is much appreciated by everyone. Very enjoyable weekend.

Traffic was decent most of the trip home and only 10 minutes thru Customs. (I told them I knew Carl and they said to get out of there) .

Thanks again.

EtRider

Well it was forecasted to rain on our parade, but instead the sun shone most of the time. Seems from our side side that everybody had a great time, at least the comments section on the evaluation form said so. I know we had a great time. Thanks all for showing up and making the planning come to fruition in an awesome way.

WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!! Around the same time with more fun and enjoyment.

Paul, you are absolutely correct, and thanks for saying it again, we are a family type group. We care for each other and other folks around us, that makes us VentureRiders.

As Paul said...VentureRider's are a family group. It was great to have this annual "reunion" and look forward to having more of the family join us next year.

From Nancy and I....a big thank you to those that attended this year !

We are already discussing and planning for next year and making it even better based on the comment sheets and keeping with a working format.

For those that haven't joined us yet, just look at the smiling faces and the positive comments already posted. Become a part of it next year and enjoy Ontario, fellow riders, and yes....even have a chance to talk to Carl in person ! (Woohoo !!). We are tentatively looking at July 19-22, 2018 so mark it on your calendars (in pencil).

I will be sharing the pictures and videos I took and will post the link here once I have a chance to upload them. I will set up a section so that anyone else that took pictures can share them to the group as well.

Glad to see a good time was had by all. And Paul no one could have said it any better about this group. Like you my 1st social event was Carls venture in in 2006 and I have never looked back with any regrets. I have made great friends and always seem to add a few each year. I think this is one of the most down to earth groups a person can join up with.

The next comment I gotta make is regarding those pictures ...as if it wasn't bad enough missing out on this years event. .....you cruel people are posting pictures so I can actually see what I missed.....But keep keep em coming any way I really do enjoy looking at them. GREAT PICS everyone.

Some more by popular request

#1 Abdul,,,, quite a nice guy really

# 2 Our mascot

# 3 Gotta have breakfast NO?

# 4 Breakfast spot, they loved the Spyder, but the Slingshot even more,,,, what a bummer!

# 5 They comes in trees.

# 6 Seen this a lot, discussions on the run.

# 7 Not the owner really, just a wannabe someday.

# 8 Views were fantastic.

# 9 Lake water

# 10 After the ride, before we eat,,,, wasn't there supposed to be a fire somewhere?

IMG_2819 (Small).JPG

IMG_2821 (Small).JPG

IMG_2826 (Small).JPG

IMG_2827 (Small).JPG

IMG_2830 (Small).JPG

IMG_2833 (Small).JPG

IMG_2838 (Small).JPG

IMG_2849 (Small).JPG

IMG_2850 (Small).JPG

IMG_2867 (Small).JPG

Edited by Marcarl

I know all you Mutts and very lovely Ladies had a great time. :fnd_(16):

I'm really sorry I missed it, somehow I managed to mix up the dates and ended up with a conflict with my annual canoe trip. :confused24:

And I've done something to my back and it's not happy......should have gone to the M/C rally....you don't have to get off every once in awhile and lug your ride around over your head! :biker: :whistling:

Don & Carl I've made sure to keep July 19 - 22 open for 2018......can't miss that :Crazy_139: again next year!

# 2 Our mascot

# 4 Breakfast spot, they loved the Spyder, but the Slingshot even more,,,, what a bummer!

# 5 They comes in trees.

# 9 Lake water

# 10 After the ride, before we eat,,,, wasn't there supposed to be a fire somewhere?

#11 FIX time/date stamp on camara!? :photographing:

Nothing more for me to add, after what has already been posted. I thoroughly enjoyed the four days I spent with you guys in and around Minden....every minute of it.

Man, that Slingshot drew lots of attention wherever we went. Looked like even the bugs residing in Minden had all converged at Southwind Campsite to celebrate the presence of the Slingshot.....and of course they had to eat and drink, to our detriment....and they seemed to have a liking for brown skin, for some reason, to feast on.

Hey, Carl...I didn't give u my photo memory card to use my personal picture. To clarify to all...that pic of me wasn't even taken at the event. actually I was just checking out my camera and getting used to it, while taking a s***, at home.

As for the dates on some pics...it needs to be set right.

We missed Ben, for sure. Did think of you many times, friend. Appreciate a lot, the warmness I felt from ALL that were there. Enjoyed our ride to Minden from Mt Albert, Rob. Was good to see again after a long time, Larry and Joyce.

New people I met, Ed and his better half,( sorry am bad with names) Paul (Grez007), and Rob. As always was great to meet the regulars..Carl,Marca, Don ( too bad Nancy didn't make it),Phil (Sleepy2), Mike and his better half ( the knitting wizard), Evan and Anne. Hey Anne, you are always welcome to ride on the high seat on my trike,or whenever u get tired of looking at the back of Evans neck. : )

Looking forward to the next one.

Chabicheka the :dancefool:

# 2 Our mascot

# 5 They comes in trees.

# 9 Lake water

#1 what you do? Slide the camera under the door and snap a pic while poor Abdule was trying to have a private moment on the porclin throne?