IGNORED

How Hot Should My 2007 Royal Star Tour Deluxe Get?

Hi everyone, total noob here :-)

I just bought a 2007 Tour Deluxe and have taken it on a few short and medium (~150 miles) rides.

Everything seems and feels perfect, but I did notice that the metal/chrome parts get VERY hot to the touch, and that it takes a very long time for it to cool down.

I checked the coolant level which was slightly above LOW, and added some more coolant, but no change - it still get's VERY hot.

Is that normal?

noob from Texas

Quite Normal. Chrome parts, around the engine, exhaust, crankcase etc get too hot to touch under normal operation. (ie you would burn your fingers if you did touch those parts) You'll often also feel heat from the cylinders on your leg/ thigh when stopping at traffic lights, junctions etc again quite normal.

Congratulations on the new bike! Hope it serves you well.

Edited by Kretz

Quite Normal. Chrome parts, around the engine, exhaust, crankcase etc get too hot to touch under normal operation. (ie you would burn your fingers if you did touch those parts) You'll often also feel heat from the cylinders on your leg/ thigh when stopping at traffic lights, junctions etc again quite normal.

Congratulations on the new bike! Hope it serves you well.

Thank you! I'm relieved to hear it. Now, I can truly enjoy my "Hot Ride".

Engine parts are made of metal for a couple reasons. First and foremost is heat dissipation, also longevity. Actually flat black will get rid of the heat better, but some like the shiny sparkly look. Now you want a hot ride in summer, try a 106ci v-twin

First of all....Welcome to the site! From the sound of what you are saying, everything is normal. I would make sure the cooling fan works. When I got my first RSTC I rode for several months before I finally had it turn on. I hot wired the fan from the battery just to make sure it worked but I couldn't check the thermostat switch. If you let the bike sit and idle after riding to full operating temp the fan should come on and then turn back off. If it doesn't you'll need figure out if it's the fan or switch.