IGNORED

Iron butt ride

10spd

So I decided to do my Iron Butt ride that I had to postpone from June. I have to say I gave out before my 29 year old bike did. I started getting leg cramps & had to stop. The bike was flawless. It ran so good. I had my cruise set at 75 all day long not one hiccup[emoji3] average fuel mileage was 40-43 depending on whether I was riding into the wind or in the hills. I am convinced that Yamaha should bring this v4 back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Congrats on the ride. Welcome to the IBA.

My first one taught me to plan better and I learned first hand how to recognize fatigue. Even if a person does not finish the SS1000 or if they never do another IBA ride the learning from an attempt is priceless. I know my limits now.

Congrats on the ride. Welcome to the IBA.

My first one taught me to plan better and I learned first hand how to recognize fatigue. Even if a person does not finish the SS1000 or if they never do another IBA ride the learning from an attempt is priceless. I know my limits now.

I didn't make mine but[emoji35] . I do why[emoji106]

A must do on my list of adventures! Unfortunately my circle of riders consists mostly of short distance weekend warriors. Nothing is wrong with being a weekend warrior but when my feet go up I don't like to stop till the bike needs fuel. Running alone is fine with me but I found with experience of riding with others gets a bigger you can do it attitude. It's a well deserved and earned certificate so display it with pride :happy34:

I didn't make mine but[emoji35] . I do why[emoji106]

Sorry you didn't make it but that does not matter. You tried it and even if you never try again you gained very valuable knowledge.

I still congratulate you for the effort.

Sorry you didn't make it but that does not matter. You tried it and even if you never try again you gained very valuable knowledge.

I will try again.

The IBA will tell you that SAFETY and your well being comes first and foremost. Always abort and try next time when things are impacting your safety. Now you can learn to prepare better and keep the anxiety down knowing the bike will make it easily.

Good luck on future attempts.

The IBA will tell you that SAFETY and your well being comes first and foremost. Always abort and try next time when things are impacting your safety. Now you can learn to prepare better and keep the anxiety down knowing the bike will make it easily.

Good luck on future attempts.

100% correct.

If you question, "should I go on", you need to abort.