IGNORED

Rain got it the front fairing

JBF43

A week ago Friday I rode home in a rain storm and I know rain got down in between the windshield and the fairing. A minute or so later the radio started messing up. Could not control the volume or even turn it off the normal way. Volume was also nonadjustable. Dried everything off as well as I could with my leaf blower and let it set over night. Tired it the next day and all seemed normal again. Rode it to work Monday and the problem returned. Monday night took fairing apart and blew everything out with compressed air. Worked good Tues - Fri. Went to work this afternoon, hit a bump and the problem was there again; radio cutting in and out and uncontrollable. Did manage to get it to turn off holding the audio button in for abut 30 seconds, but then the cb light kept fading in and Ch01 fading in and out on the display. When I got almost home a truck started to run me off the road, tried to blow the horn and that died too. Any ideas?

Take the outer fairing off again, take the large black radio connectors think there are 4 or 5 of them. Open them one at a time, blow any moisture out of them then spray contact cleaner in them. Apply a small dab of dielectric grease and push them back together making sure they are tight, I wrapped electric tape around mine but most dont. It generally fixes most radio problems.

Good luck, Craig