IGNORED

What I need to know about a trailer?

Great adVENTURE

Cannot tell you the price is good or not, but I will say make sure you get a good quality hitch set up, like Carbon One makes and use a wiring set up that has an isolator to protect the bike's wiring , something like these depending on how the trailer is wired.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showproduct.php?product=459&title=5-wire-plug-n-play-trailer-harness&cat=18

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showproduct.php?product=458&title=4-wire-plug-n-play-trailer-harness&cat=18

I pull a Bushtec and I am always looking behind me to make sure it is still there, they pull almost effortlessly.

If you get it, remember it is back there when you are crossing traffic lanes and pulling into gas stations, do not want it hanging out in traffic or hitting the bollards around the gas pumps.

You want to keep in mind that your braking distance will increase. It's a good idea to do some practice "panic braking" in an empty parking lot with the trailer loaded behind you.

You'll want to slow it down a bit in the twisties (that's assuming you're an aggressive rider and love dragging the boards lol)

Some things to check on the trailer you are looking at.

Tire wear, be sure that the wear pattern is even across the thread. towin or towout will wear the tires quickly.

Tire date code. Tires more than 7 years old are in need of replacement.

Make sure all of the lights work.

Looking at Carbon One's Hitch is the existing frame that it bolts to strong enough?

To answer the question, I pulled a Leesur-Lite tent trailer fully loaded with my '06 RSMV without any issues. You would have no problem with the kind of trailer you're looking at as a loaded Leesur-Lite would be heavier.

IMG_2093.jpgIMG_2092.jpg

Edited by SilvrT

Will definitely support are vendor members as I know first hand your wiring harnesses are top notch M61A1MECH. Looking at Carbon One's Hitch is the existing frame that it bolts to strong enough?

There is a whole bunch of them dragging trailers big and small all over the country with no issues.:confused24:

Thanks for the input, Im going to hold off on the trailer. Going to get the bike setup first and then start off with the harbor freight tag along. Spent hours reading old threads and if all is well with the tag along I'll upgrade to a tent trailer in the future.

Excellent choice. Harbor Freight tag along is the route I went last year and I haven't been sorry [emoji4][emoji1303]IMG_0107.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input, Im going to hold off on the trailer. Going to get the bike setup first and then start off with the harbor freight tag along. Spent hours reading old threads and if all is well with the tag along I'll upgrade to a tent trailer in the future.

Just be sure to really grease the HF bearings when you get it. Better yet just upgrade to good bearings and then you don't have to worry abut bearing problems.

I just want to throw another +1 for the wiring harness made by M61A1MECH. It is an excellent plug N play system and Steve makes the ordering/payment process extremely easy. With the included istructions it was a breeze to install. Thanks again Steve for making such a great product!