IGNORED

Political Correctness is out of control....

SilvrT

Wish I could travel back in time and talk my stupid ancestors out starting slavery. Why they didn't pick their on cotton is beyond me. Now all the PC's can jump on this. I'm not a bit proud of my so called Confederate Hertiage.

You all do realize the first slave owner was black? But that's as far as I will go on this but now I know how to yell fo @Yammer Dan just yell Hey Chief [emoji12]

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull Crap is what it is. All people are some color and it shouldn't matter what it is but good grief call it what it is. You can be white, black, or purple for all I care, but what matters is type of person you want to be. Some are just a-holes regardless of their color.

Wish I could travel back in time and talk my stupid ancestors out starting slavery. Why they didn't pick their on cotton is beyond me. Now all the PC's can jump on this. I'm not a bit proud of my so called Confederate Hertiage.
Be assured your ancestors did not start slavery, it had been around for thousands of years before The Americas were colonized by Europeans. Slavery is just one example of Man's inhumanity to Man. Slavery was not confined just to the use of colored people. Remember the song 16 Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford about the mining industry. The really sad thing is it is still going on today in one form or another.

PC is often used by evil people to hide their own prejudices. If you talk the talk people will think you walk the walk. Unfortunately it seems to work.

Bull Crap is what it is. All people are some color and it shouldn't matter what it is but good grief call it what it is. You can be white, black, or purple for all I care, but what matters is type of person you want to be. Some are just a-holes regardless of their color.
:amen:

OK before you read I have done my best to make sure that this won't offend anyone and if it does I am truly sorry but this is the crazy crap I have seen happen in the last 20 yrs of my Adult Life and more so the last 10 yrs of my life.

You know I have taken things to heart myself. The thing is anymore you are told you don't say this because it might offend someone so you watch your tongue... so while your watching your tongue and how you are wording things all the sudden you are not allowed to say those words either.. I have sat back and watched our country's history get torn down, moved, and taken down. The problem is that I feel is everything that made our Country stronger is no longer there to remind us of what sacrifices were made. While I was in school we had Christmas parties and Christmas Breaks now its called Winter party and Winter break as to not offend anyone. Same with Easter Break is now referred to as Spring Break. We used to put on plays for Thanksgiving same with Christmas. Then while I was away we had nothing but turkey this turkey that so I asked one of the CO's why everything had Turkey in it and she told me a very unexpected answer. Because it offends some inmates for us to serve Pork Or Beef... now I read an article a while back and even seen on the News where a man had a pig farm somewhere and if I remember correctly it had been there since his Grandfather. Well I guess they recently built a Mosque some where close buy and the elder or whatever came to the guys pig farm wanting him to move it and the guy of course refused. I can think of a half a dozen things I have seen over the past 8 or so years where slowly and steadily they are trying to take our freedoms away and basically sensor all of us. I just want to be able to be myself and my kids to be themselves but if we have to constantly watch what we say, do , or act because we might offend someone if we don't. We are supposed to be in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. Read between the lines on that if you will because I do not feel as OUR MEN AND WOMEN are being treated right when they return It kinda sickens me when I think of Relatives who have served come Home to all this plus when they need something its an act of Congress just to get them the help they need. If I was able I would proudly serve my Country also but I feel there is so much more this Country could do for our Vets. Maybe I am wrong but from the outside looking in and seeing certain things going on around me in this Country. I just do my best to keep the TV off the news but sometimes you just gotta take a peek at the News to see if anything better is going on. One more thing I want to add here is the fact how bad the past could Haunt someone. I was raised to think the past is the past you learn from it and you move on, but now there is certain past things well that can't be ignored more specifically crimes but this stuff with Paula Dean where she had said something ages ago came back to haunt her and Walmart pulled all her products off the shelf because of it which I happen to own a set of her pans which are Ruby Red and I had went in to get some of the utensils to match and that is when I was informed they no longer carried her stuff and there has been other instances of stuff like that. I just want our Country sane again people to be sitting on there front porch smoking a cherry Tobacco pipe reading the Newspaper and wave as you go by or as your climbing in your truck they have a small chit chat with you I know this world isn't perfect and not everyone is happy go lucky but peoples lives anymore have got wrapped up in the Media and what not to have time to slow down and enjoy life.

Sat here and put my heart felt feelings in a post concerning this then deleted it. Would have bound to piss somebody off. Political Correctness... Not practiced at my house!!!

Well you know when you have a 13 yr old autistic Kid ask you about certain political issues how exactly would you handle it, He actually knows more of whats going on then I do. I guess I was in more shock then anything that he would know anything or have an honest to God Opinion about it.. I actually got a good laugh out of it Because I agree with him but really can't say it.. I hope you didn't take offense to my post about calling you Chief. I was working out in St Louis one day and one of the guys out there kept calling me Hey Chief.. I am not even Indian....

Edited by snyper316
forgot K on ask

Slavery existed in Russia too. It was called serfdom. The serfs were essentially owned by their masters and had to get permission to do anything such as get married. The Tsar eliminated serfdom in 1861 thereby freeing 23 million serfs from their masters.

When I look at the direction I feel this country is going, my only comment is;

I am glad I am getting old. :backinmyday:

Randy

As I've said a number of times.... "I'm glad I'm on the way out instead of on the way in"

This world has seen so many changes over the past 50 years in comparison to the 50 before that. It's beyond imagination what the next 50 will bring but like you said "the direction this country is going", add to that "this world" ... it's friggin scary to say the least!

:scared:

Well you know when you have a 13 yr old autistic Kid ask you about certain political issues how exactly would you handle it, He actually knows more of whats going on then I do. I guess I was in more shock then anything that he would know anything or have an honest to God Opinion about it.. I actually got a good laugh out of it Because I agree with him but really can't say it.. I hope you didn't take offense to my post about calling you Chief. I was working out in St Louis one day and one of the guys out there kept calling me Hey Chief.. I am not even Indian....

Being reminded of my Native American blood doesn't bother me a bit. I kind of enjoy it. My Dad had the full blooded Indian look but I'm just another White boy. My 20 yrs in prison taught me a lot about this changing world but I like others am glad I don't have to repeat it in this day and time. Our kids are gonna have a time!!:backinmyday:

I am currently reading a book on Cambodia. It is "The road of lost innocence". It is by a Cambodian woman who details how 5 year old children are sold into slavery, 10 year old girls are sold into prostitution and it is going on today. Our native Americans had slaves before before the white man arrived. Slavery has existed for centuries in nearly every country. It is slowly being eliminated.

ahem .... shouldn't that be "people of no color"? :Laugh:

No that should be "people of all colors " since it has already been shown that white is the combination of all colors and black is the lack of color..........Or, is it the other way around? ................. I forget sometimes

Nevermind

ahem .... shouldn't that be "people of no color"? :Laugh:

Do you remember the star trek episode where a planet's warring cultures were both half white and half black. Their prejudices against each other was that one group was black on the left side and the other group was black on the right side.............. they both looked the same to me.............perception is reality

If white is the combination of all colors ... why then is it that when the paint store mixes up a can of house paint they start with a can of white base...??? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Try it with black paint next time but everyone my kids mix all there paints it come out ugly brown lol or almost black but that's what I was thought too is white is all colors

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

If you are working with light then white a mix of all colors (or colours for those other few.....).

When working with pigment, like a paint, then white is the absence of color so that the paint will reflect all of the colors and we will see white light which is all of the colors.

If you want red paint then you add a pigment that will absorb all of the colors except for the red light so that we see the color red. Pigment does not actually have color since color is light and the paint does not emit light, it just reflects or absorbs what is there.

That is why black things get so hot in the sun, black is the absence of color so that means that the black object is absorbing all of the light energy so it gets the hottest the fastest. White stays cooler because it is reflecting most of the light energy away.

So how is this for being out of control?........................

If you are working with light then white a mix of all colors (or colours for those other few.....).

When working with pigment, like a paint, then white is the absence of color so that the paint will reflect all of the colors and we will see white light which is all of the colors.

If you want red paint then you add a pigment that will absorb all of the colors except for the red light so that we see the color red. Pigment does not actually have color since color is light and the paint does not emit light, it just reflects or absorbs what is there.

That is why black things get so hot in the sun, black is the absence of color so that means that the black object is absorbing all of the light energy so it gets the hottest the fastest. White stays cooler because it is reflecting most of the light energy away.

So how is this for being out of control?........................

You really need to share that stuff :guitarist 2: