IGNORED

Cable upgrade

Coming soon... These battery/starter cable upgrade will be available in a few days (I'm busy, slammed at work)

They will be available on the Member Vendors forum as soon as I have the time to do the write up.

I plan to install a set on Big Red and do a Tech Article on how to install them as well as how to make them yourself if you so chose. I recently upgraded the cables on Big Red which why I decided to do this. But these cables are hands down far superior to the ones I installed on Big Red last month. So I'm going to go ahead and do it again. Nothing but the best for my Big Red!

1. 4 AWG Welding cable
  2. Tin plated copper lugs/terminals
  3. Plug-n-Play OEM style quick disconnects on the system positive lead and system/frame ground lead
  4. 90⁰ terminal on positive battery lead
  5. Slim heavy duty lugs on lower ends for ease of pulling through the motorcycle
  6. Additional Positive and Negative/Ground leads for your personal use such as horns or lights.
  7. Adhesive lined 3-1 Polyolefin heat shrink. Marine grade
  8. Ten ton hydraulic crimp backed up with solder/tinning on open ends

This will be a limited production. I have enough supplies for about a dozen sets total. After that I have no idea whether or not I will do another run. In order to be relatively cost effective I have to order in significant quantities and so demand will dictate future production.

Check em out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107502[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107503[/ATTACH]

Looks like a greAt set done right. To bad I don't need any right now.

Coming soon... These battery/starter cable upgrade will be available in a few days (I'm busy, slammed at work)

They will be available on the Member Vendors forum as soon as I have the time to do the write up.

I plan to install a set on Big Red and do a Tech Article on how to install them as well as how to make them yourself if you so chose. I recently upgraded the cables on Big Red which why I decided to do this. But these cables are hands down far superior to the ones I installed on Big Red last month. So I'm going to go ahead and do it again. Nothing but the best for my Big Red!

1. 4 AWG Welding cable
  2. Tin plated copper lugs/terminals
  3. Plug-n-Play OEM style quick disconnects on the system positive lead and system/frame ground lead
  4. 90⁰ terminal on positive battery lead
  5. Slim heavy duty lugs on lower ends for ease of pulling through the motorcycle
  6. Additional Positive and Negative/Ground leads for your personal use such as horns or lights.
  7. Adhesive lined 3-1 Polyolefin heat shrink. Marine grade
  8. Ten ton hydraulic crimp backed up with solder/tinning on open ends

This will be a limited production. I have enough supplies for about a dozen sets total. After that I have no idea whether or not I will do another run. In order to be relatively cost effective I have to order in significant quantities and so demand will dictate future production.

Hey I have a question for you. Where are you finding the connectors at? I am trying to find the connectors for my CMS with the pins. Mine is loose. Been also trying to find the tool to take the plugs apart because I can't Fit my small screwdriver up there to release the tab to maybe tighten mine back up.

Hey I have a question for you. Where are you finding the connectors at? I am trying to find the connectors for my CMS with the pins. Mine is loose. Been also trying to find the tool to take the plugs apart because I can't Fit my small screwdriver up there to release the tab to maybe tighten mine back up.

It's kind of hard to match some of this stuff up. I haven't found the magic bullet yet, but then I haven't really only looked for the ones on the battery cables.

I think I've seen various release tools on all of these sites. Digikey has a great online chat. Easternbeaver has a lot of bike specific stuff. You might wanna look there first.

http://www.digikey.com/en

http://terminalsupplyco.com/

http://www.easternbeaver.com/

Side note: Been slammed at work and haven't had time to install cables on Big Red and write the Tech article about making the cables and installing them. I feel strongly that accurate installation instructions be part of the package.

Ya know Heather, I like your upgrade enough that I might consider upgrading my Squidley upgrade with yours...
I really have devoted a lot of energy, time and expense to design a really good set of battery cables. I've ordered and tried various tools, supplies and methods. I've returned supplies that I didn't like and finally arrived at what what I believe is excellent indeed.

I plan on on being at @van avery's SE Texas Maintenance Day n the weekend of Oct 15th. I'll take a set with me so I'm certain that someone there will be able to post some comments about them.

YG

I haven't listed the cables on the Member Vendors forum yet because I haven't done the Installation Instructions and Tech Article yet (due to my overloaded work schedule).

But, if anyone needs them before they are listed in Member Vendors just PM me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have enough supplies to make a few more sets... if there is enough interest