IGNORED

Don Ellis (B2Dad)

Patti @B2MOM posted this on Facebook:

This wonderful husband of mine...we celebrated 44 years of marriage last month...and I almost lost him Friday night. Don had a hemorrhagic stroke and consequently a seizure. It was without a doubt the scariest night of my life. The emergency personnel responding to my 911 call were awesome. He is currently in ICU at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola FL. After many tests, we think he is going to be ok. God blessed us again. Don knows who he is, where he is. He can walk and talk just fine, no apparent after effects from these two life threatening events. He will be in the hospital for at least a couple more days, with more follow up testing. The doctors cannot explain why this happened. His blood pressure was good.

Not sure how long our travels will be on hold but I am so very grateful that he is still here with me. The one bad thing to come out of all this is that he will not be allowed to drive for at least 6 months. If we do get to travel at all this year, it will have to be me behind the wheel of the truck, pulling our huge home behind us. So please watch out for me...this is going to be a huge learning experience and I don't want to run over / hurt anyone. I ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Please hug your loved ones...you just never know when it will be your last hug.

Edited by Prairiehammer

Hey that is downright scary. Glad you have a Father looking after you. Just rest in His hands and look to a future of everlasting peace. The best for you two driving that rig, I would think Don will be kind of nervous as well as you, but with overhead blessings, you'll have fun.

Sorry to hear of this! Hope he keeps getting better. tell them we are thinking about and praying for a great outcome! i'm sure he will be fine, he needs to take it easy, till they do all the tests. let us know if there is anything we can do to help out, Don & Susan.

Don has been released and he and Patti are on the move!! @B2MOM is at the helm of the big rig and hammer down for the next campground in Arkansas and everyone is gunna stay healthy and the home is gunna stay together and the sun is gunna shine!! go get some miles in the Mirror mom!!12019969_528110260673727_1909874194861336168_n.jpg

eusa1: I don't know where you find these pictures, but this one is perfect! Pretty sure this was me and Don this morning when I pulled out of the campground. I am sure Don was thinking: WTH have I done!!!! LOLOL. He was very good today and only offered advice if I asked for it. I think we finally got this. It wasn't so bad pulling the trailer except the GPS mostly sent us down 2 lane roads, some 4 lane but not much interstate. I think this won't be so bad after all.

Patti

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you guys are back on the road. Way to go on taking over the driving! If that would have happened to Kim and I that "rig" would be sitting on the side of the road with a FOR SALE sign on it. You Go Girl!!!!

Craig

thanks everyone for the posts here and the vote of confidence. it's definitely been a long road this year. DVeron is doing quite well considering what he has been thru. None of the tests could tell us why he had the stroke and seizure. They did tell us that he appears to be in good shape tho. His blood vessels in his brain all look good, no other bleeds. His heart looks good. He needs to lose some weight and get his sugar more under control tho

I drove over 600 miles between yesterday and today. It wasn't bad at all and I had a great co pilot. Don was very encouraging and gave me tips as needed. We even went thru a couple of bad storms. WE are now at Mount Magazine State Park in Arkansas, visiting some VR friends Colesgrampa and his wife Joan. They helped us set up, which was good because apparently our RV is still not fixed. We couldn't get one of the slides to open. It sounded like the gears were stripped in the motor. Don and Raymond pushed the slide open while I operated the motor. I guess it goes back to the shop. We had a 6 week trip planned and now I don't know what will happen. Calling the company tomorrow. Prayers are appreciated.

Patti

Prayers up for you and Don, I wish I had read this when you were in Pensacola I would of called my Dad he lives in the area and he's a big RV guy might have been able to set ya'll up. That is the same hospital my step mom was in they're some of the best doctors around. My son-in-law had a stroke about 10 years ago the doctors couldn't figure out what happened to him he was out of work for a while and but has been back to work for over 9 years still don't know what happened. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...