IGNORED

Exhaust ventilator for MC garage

yamagrl

Check this out! It works great!

Now I don't have to open the garage door and let the air conditioning out. And there is Zero exhaust escaping inside.

Kitty Litter pail

Small double squirrel cage

2@ 4 inch x 20 ft aluminum collapsible ducts

2@ 4 inch connectors

Half dozen self tappers and couple of zip ties

And about an hour labor

IMG_20160807_191004536.jpg IMG_20160807_191036154_HDR.jpg

Ingenious for the home shop. Cheap too.

Very similar to mine but a smaller scale. Mine is two deheaded 55 gallon barrels welded together on a rolling barrel dolly utilizing two six inch air ducts but I work on semi trucks. The top barrel is a removable end type retained by a clamp. The fan is a 10" explosion proof axial flow unit and moves a lot of air but an installed VFD regulates the speed. My shop is a bit larger than the home garage so it works well discharging through a port on either sidewall.

It's nice to run trucks inside and not choke on the fumes.

• 1 month later...

It doesn't seal around the exhaust pipes. I designed it after the exhaust ventilation that is part of the dynamometer inside the local motorcycle performance shop. Their's has a hugely larger draw and it doesn't seem to effect anything. The 4" flex duct is quite a bit larger than the exhaust pipes and that squirrel cage realy does move a huge amount of air... but it is enough to move the exhaust to the outside of the building.