IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Was down to the wear bars on both front and back tires. E3's are still available so had those put on. $186 for the front, $200 for the rear. Installed at my usual shop (which is no longer a Yamaha dealer since Jan 1)....tax and labour came to $600. Their mechanic has worked on Ventures for 20 years and knows the bikes - 1st and 2nd Gens. Labour rate is $95/hr - hour and a half labour in total.

Shortly before tires I did a number of things :

- replaced lower front brake SS cables (had changed from a shiny colour to a golden yellow) with new ones and replaced upper clutch rubber hose with SS line (with MarCarl's help)

- replaced front and back brake and clutch fluids (again, help from Marcarl at time SS cables were done)

- replace coolant

- changed oil and filter (T6 and Yamaha oil filter)

- changed rear gear oil

Still need to check a fuse for my USB port in my trunk. Put a gang fuse holder inside the passenger back rest a couple years ago. Horns (2 Stebels), trailer, and USB ports run off the gang fuse holder. Also need to check my tach wiring as it cuts in an out when turning the handle bars. I also have a RAM Mount for my GoPro camera (mounted off of the clutch reservoir) that I want to drill a hole in the bottom of the mount since it collects water inside and want it to drain when it collects water.

When I picked up the bike from the tire change they said that the rubber mounts were in the wrong way so need to see how they did it so I know better next time (oops).

I also want to post for sale some of the OEM things I've replaced on the bike (eg: passenger foot rests, fork wind deflectors, etc)....when I get time.

Poppin like nobodies business.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I started her up yesterday after letting her sit since the running out of gas incident. Started fine, ran great!

My little dog decided that 4 a.m. was an appropriate time to start his day today. So to get even with him, I took off to ride through the sunrise and got a nice little 70-mile trip in.

• 2 weeks later...

Last 3 days, I mounted the new tires, greased everything as it should be, changed oil + filter, changed antifreeze (may have been original, smh) all new brakes, took apart dash and CMS again, resoldered all connections, gas gauge still not working correct, washed, waxed, and took it for 100 mile ride in the hills. Riding real nice right now.

IMG_0254a.jpg

I think I finally got everything dialed in.

I set the pilot circuits with my Gunsen Colortune and changed the spark plugs out with DPRE7EA-9 NGKs then synchronized the carbs. This is the first tuning since I got the exhaust leak fixed. She's running great. Excellent acceleration from the hole and nice engine breaking.

I would love to see what the EGA reads but none of the local Yamaha shops have a working unit and the only performance shop I can find that has one wants serious geld for the EGA/Dyno testing.

Oh well. I'll just have to be happy with God Enough!

Went to the cathouse with SCRC taking hwy 62 and you talk about beauty and the twisted are amazing. Post some pics and YouTube video later. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180722/b71a691b6a23aa676b60171564be2cb2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180722/fde040ff3aa5d60331f750d0462c7d46.jpg

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Some more pictures. 71c61e1a1b053d200c18a47779b2e31c.jpg197c522003096b76682d79239b7f0a0e.jpg2baad411c28a249efe15d5f4d724473c.jpgfbbebbd76b5a29ba62a1ff7d26572f91.jpg0176921892c955a783bed4a2f49657fb.jpg

Last 3 days, I mounted the new tires, greased everything as it should be, changed oil + filter, changed antifreeze (may have been original, smh) all new brakes, took apart dash and CMS again, resoldered all connections, gas gauge still not working correct, washed, waxed, and took it for 100 mile ride in the hills. Riding real nice right now.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113658

Gorgeous! Now I have a new goal for what my old gal could look like! Also makes me jealous that you get to enjoy routine maintenance while I'm always involved in emergency surgery!

Mounted a Kuryakyn luggage rack and went on a long overdue 3 day trip to Mansfield Ohio to tour the Ohio State Reformatory with my beautiful wife. Love this bike!! I'll upload a picture when I get to my computer and reduce the size.

20180716_204240.jpg

Mounted a Kuryakyn luggage rack and went on a long overdue 3 day trip to Mansfield Ohio to tour the Ohio State Reformatory with my beautiful wife. Love this bike!! I'll upload a picture when I get to my computer and reduce the size.

Nothing to my Ventures. I'm out of town.

But do like my Kuryakin luggage rack. Held the Kuryakin bag on top filled with stuff on my trip with no problems at all!

20180523_132900.jpg

It was two days ago, but; I finally washed The Beast.

My worst fear was not realized. None of my repaired bits of plastic disintegrated she didn't start leaking oil from every gasket!

It did highlight all the worn clear coat and minor scuffs and scratches. All the repair rivets are nice and shiny now as well.

BTW, I was caught in the rain yesterday, so the old adage holds true.

It was two days ago, but; I finally washed The Beast.

My worst fear was not realized. None of my repaired bits of plastic disintegrated she didn't start leaking oil from every gasket!

It did highlight all the worn clear coat and minor scuffs and scratches. All the repair rivets are nice and shiny now as well.

BTW, I was caught in the rain yesterday, so the old adage holds true.

Yeah it does... We got a sprinkle just enuff to make a mess of windscreen. [emoji23][emoji23]

Retrieved my 02 RSMV from Master Mechanic (Yamaha Certified) Petr Novachek. I have known him for years and we are friends. Had the local dealer work on it and...well that didn't work. Petr found left out parts, choke cable not not connected to all carbs, and spacers on #4 carb diaphragm missing allowing unmetered air to cause backfire. I knew that I screwed up one week after bringing home a running bike, when it started the backfire. Talked with shop supervisor and he asked me what could be wrong with it after they worked on it and charged me $700. My reply was "that is why I brought it to you".

Now it is right with smooth acceleration and no backfire.

Happy boy now. :happy65::happy65::happy65:

:farmer:

Edited by Sylvester
misspell

Woke up to early this morning. Saw that it was 72 degrees and cloudy. Whoo Hoo! Riding time.

Took a little jaunt down to my favorite 50's diner, 17km from Mexico.

Sun rising....

20180728_054246.jpg

RSV

20180728_061847.jpg

6am breakfast....

20180728_064555.jpg

Nice morning for a ride. I do like our Monsoon Season. May get warm and humid, but nights and mornings can be really nice!

OH: Sausage, bacon, ham, green chilis, mushrooms and spinach. One price...load it up with whatever you want.

Edited by videoarizona
Add food.

Not today but the last two weeks finished Friday. 26,000 mile maintenance: Valves, coolant, oil, front tire & brakes, service rear. Brake and clutch fluid was changed last winter. I should be ready to go now but probably nothing big on two wheels until October. Too much work at home.

I had the dealer install a Barnett clutch and disc pack and I put a new AGM battery (310cca). This, coupled with last year's carb sync and valve adjustment, makes the bike ride like a brand new machine. Now if I could just dial down these 104 degree temperatures ...

In all fairness, I just ride more early morning or after dusk.

Sat on mine again today and wished I was riding. Shoulder surgery has me sitting and wishing till at least the end of Sept. Missing riding on these beautiful days, hopefully the snow holds off till Nov so I can log some serious miles in Oct.

I've almost washed and waxed it as much as I can😎

Wife wanted me to knock off early and take her to supper on the bike. I put her on the lift(bike not wife) and checked tires and oil to take off. I got the age old answer to the where you wanna go, I don't care something different. Sooo 6 hrs and 308 miles later we got home. Went to Evansville Indiana and got a belly full of Mongolian food. That'll teach her to say I don't care........ who am I kidding I'll get the same answer tomorrow.