IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Got the new shoes on today (Shinko 777s) remounted wheels on bike but did not add "dyna beads" since my stash was empty. Will order from Amazon tonight through my wife's Prime account and get them Friday. Will probably have to remove rear tire due to 90* valve stem, but the front should be good. Then maybe this weekend I can get to tuning the carbs again. That will be the end of work on it other than washing for the summer anyway. Trips to Freebird's MD and to Asheville in August plus rides with my buddies locally.

:farmer:

Got the new shoes on today (Shinko 777s) remounted wheels on bike but did not add "dyna beads" since my stash was empty. Will order from Amazon tonight through my wife's Prime account and get them Friday. Will probably have to remove rear tire due to 90* valve stem, but the front should be good. Then maybe this weekend I can get to tuning the carbs again. That will be the end of work on it other than washing for the summer anyway. Trips to Freebird's MD and to Asheville in August plus rides with my buddies locally.

Jim putting Dyna beads in the rear is not hard to do without removing the wheel. I use a clear plastic hose that fits the valve and pour the beads in and then put a little air to the hose, The air will send them through the valve.

Or bust the bead on the scoot, dump em in and refill with air.. I have been using the beads shown in the video below and they really dont like to go thru the valve but WOWZY do they do a nice job of balancing.. So well as a matter of fact that I am gonna try them in my R1..

You guys using beads like these?:

mind telling what fixed it? Mine's out again. It's been in and out about 4 times so far. I have a used vacuum pump, I haven't put that on yet.
Mine had a sticky rod in the rear brake switch. I pulled the switch apart. Found the actuator rod, which is attached to the return spring on the brake pedal, was bent. Straightened that and put a new plastic lock nut on. My rear brake switch would stay on tricking the cruise into thinking the brakes were on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GORGEOUS pics Dav!!!!!!!! Hope your 2000k ride is going just SUPER out there today!!

RIDE ON BROTHER - DO US FROZEN LOP EARED VR VARMINTS IN THE STATES PROUD!!!!!!

Well I made it to South Australia today. The bike ran really well but I have started getting sticky gear shift and the friction zone in the clutch lever is instant action. Not good.

My trailer came off its hitch. Thank god I allways cross the chains over. The tongue landed in the chains and I was able to come to a wobbly but safe stop.

Got a lead on a good local bike mechanic. Thinking my clutch slave cylinder might need rebuilding.bd5e6e79d6d85c28637cb3e495de9451.jpg80daec622fb440a3a58af03fc524a231.jpgdc65f11332a9f4a35426145b48ff3d86.jpge60f656a21b496719317b42e3c259240.jpg369c62c8ed0b0dff96e668ec49892e1e.jpgd39cebb84e4b5196a3d7f3ca49d1b05a.jpg098635965f5dc6e4dddab3f8f9c88a82.jpg2b85e1cd8e768d330f9316aa6800e079.jpg64e34079e0ce0df062a83da9bb6ea813.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!:sign Rock On::sign green with env:thumbsup:

GORGEOUS PICS DAVIN!!!

No idea what kind of tempts you riding in and/or what oil your running and/or how many miles on the oil but my 1st Gens will get sticky/notchy/stiff in the shifting if I let the oil get tired or if I am running to low of viscosity for the tempts.. I usually swap in some 20/50 weight when doing desert touring here in the States which helps A LOT...

Could be also check and see if you have lost fluid in your clutch master.. If not but that fluid is dark from age or usage = maybe just stop and pick up some fluid and a small piece of clear fuel line - attach the line to the slave bleeder and bleed in some fresh fluid.. No air if your careful....

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - GORGEOUS PICS!!!!

Looks like a BLAST! Snowing like crazy here in Michigan right now - picked up another 6 inches just tonight... DEFINITELY not in OZ I tell ya!!!! Watch for gators and kangaroos out there!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!:sign Rock On::sign green with env[emoji106]

GORGEOUS PICS DAVIN!!!

No idea what kind of tempts you riding in and/or what oil your running and/or how many miles on the oil but my 1st Gens will get sticky/notchy/stiff in the shifting if I let the oil get tired or if I am running to low of viscosity for the tempts.. I usually swap in some 20/50 weight when doing desert touring here in the States which helps A LOT...

Could be also check and see if you have lost fluid in your clutch master.. If not but that fluid is dark from age or usage = maybe just stop and pick up some fluid and a small piece of clear fuel line - attach the line to the slave bleeder and bleed in some fresh fluid.. No air if your careful....

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - GORGEOUS PICS!!!!

Looks like a BLAST! Snowing like crazy here in Michigan right now - picked up another 6 inches just tonight... DEFINITELY not in OZ I tell ya!!!! Watch for gators and kangaroos out there!!!

Thanks cowpuc always appreciate your words both educational and entertainment wise. Fresh oil 10/40w before I left. Queensland was 30°C/86°F. I arrived in South Australia two days later and 20°C/68°F.

I have had some fluid loss from the clutch master before I left but none on the journey.

Thanks cowpuc always appreciate your words both educational and entertainment wise. Fresh oil 10/40w before I left. Queensland was 30°C/86°F. I arrived in South Australia two days later and 20°C/68°F.

I have had some fluid loss from the clutch master before I left but none on the journey.

Having never owned/worked on a 2nd Gen I am probably the last person to listen to on this but,,,,,, maybe drop the oil out of it at an Auto parts store and try some 15/40 non energy conserving = like Rotella in it Dav,,,, might

be surprised,,, might be worth a shot..

By the way brother,, I would LOVE to stop Tweeks in front of "Snake Gully" and camp there for a night = AWESOME and my kind of place!!! Gotta ask,,, in that lil camp you got set up,,,, is that sleeping quarter arrangement what Aussie Annies husband "Quickstep" was telling me about when he mentioned a "Swag"????

Jim putting Dyna beads in the rear is not hard to do without removing the wheel. I use a clear plastic hose that fits the valve and pour the beads in and then put a little air to the hose, The air will send them through the valve.

Duhhh, don't know what I was thinking:confused24::think:. You are absolutely correct. And I have done this in the past but when the tire was off the bike, just to get the little buggers down the tube:happy65:. I used a blow gun on the air hose and gave it just a touch and down they went. :thumbsup2:

Thanks for shocking me into reality, slowroll.

Brought the bike home from the mechanic with the carbs no longer dripping and in sync. Also he must have hit my overflow tube somehow pulling the carbs out and my overflow tube at the throat of the radiator was knocked loose again.

Put the fairing back on mostly got a rattle I got to find.

Noticed a couple drips on the ground under the left front fork. The one place it had never leaked before is now leaking. Seals were all done a couple of years ago. In the picture you'll see that the cooling fins had quite a bit of fork oil on them at the bottom. And the black rubber cover looks like it's leaking but it's dry inside. Looks like the level ride system is making it leak.

I thought I was going to put the fairing back on be ready to turn the key and go ride.

Oh yeah, and my car is sitting outside the fence at the mechanic shop because my kids are too busy to help me go pick it up and I don't have any friends and I'm unemployed and won't do Uber right now.

Tomorrow supposed to be 65 degrees but it doesn't look like I will not be c t f wdbb095f7fcef67941e610bfdf2e4a73f.jpgaa48ab8cf3535dafefe27934be9eaca3.jpg83c0bac64ed599104960432fec8856bd.jpg

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't get on here when I'm tired. I have friends they just don't live within 20 miles and it just wouldn't be right to have them have to drive that far to do me a favor. My daughter goes to church in my neighborhood so she can pick me up tomorrow after church and run me up to the car.

I'm really starting to wonder if I'm just not supposed to ride this bike because everytime I think I'm ready to go there's two more things that have to be fixed first. New problems springing up not even old problems.

I don't like the rust on that break rotor. I mean it's been sitting and not driven but it cleaned up where the pads rub. Does that look normal to anybody?

Got my clutch slave cylinder looked at yesterday and the mechanic bled the clutch for me. Friction zone is where it should be now. Cant see where the fluid is leaking from and its not leaking since we bled the system.

Went for a ride out to the fishing village my father grew up in. Lovely day 25°C/77°F. Beachport South Australia. 4284324a0cf8bebc2068f77da72693b6.jpg4b0be26afdda32bff4cf839a079fbf90.jpgc668b19f55b89701081031112bd81823.jpgb18e80ec0031d72ed91c48797d3fc299.jpg38d6304802825c39cd3ca4af75998237.jpg21b70e4f53784685c53dbc4f662c015d.jpg8f9ac4a6d0003c3a13d872884a379798.jpgdb896d4141094c7c39fa67b89ccff4d1.jpg

I'm sorry. I shouldn't get on here when I'm tired. I have friends they just don't live within 20 miles and it just wouldn't be right to have them have to drive that far to do me a favor. My daughter goes to church in my neighborhood so she can pick me up tomorrow after church and run me up to the car.

I'm really starting to wonder if I'm just not supposed to ride this bike because everytime I think I'm ready to go there's two more things that have to be fixed first. New problems springing up not even old problems.

I don't like the rust on that break rotor. I mean it's been sitting and not driven but it cleaned up where the pads rub. Does that look normal to anybody?

Puddle about the size of a dollar bill this morning at 6:30 a.m. . Parked it there last night at 9:30. I'll take a couple more pictures and maybe you guys can help me pinpoint the leak I wipe it off again. It's oil and seems to have a greenish tint.

Overnight I realized that it's called the anti dive, not level ride.

650833d0124146d85b0aee9b083977ef.jpg

Edited by s.tyler58

By the way brother,, I would LOVE to stop Tweeks in front of "Snake Gully" and camp there for a night = AWESOME and my kind of place!!! Gotta ask,,, in that lil camp you got set up,,,, is that sleeping quarter arrangement what Aussie Annies husband "Quickstep" was telling me about when he mentioned a "Swag"????
Yeah a swag is basically a bedroll of any type. There are commercially available products but mine is adapted from bitsa this and bitsa that [emoji6]. I have a camp stretcher with holes drilled to hold fibreglass rods that keep the mossie net up off my bedroll.

I ordered a rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit, part # 26H-W0041-50-00 for The Beast. Suddenly the pedal will collapse when sitting with the brakes applied and sometimes needs pumped when braking. No leaks that I can find and the fluid level is good. 35 years is catching up the old girl.

BTW, She pulls like a, well, like a beast with the new TCI! At first blush(about 60 miles on the odometer) it looks like the fuel economy is up where it should be as well, around 40mpg, and yes, the fuel gauge seems to working fine again!

Listened to Puc describe balancing beads with lots of touring information added. Love to hear him talk of touring adventures:clap2:.

Put the Dyna Beads in last night and put the mufflers back on today (pacing myself in old age:backinmyday:). Will work on sync tomorrow since rain is coming in late tonight and staying through Tuesday. Got a new set of NKG plugs to install per Cowpuc, so if sync is good then they will be put in along with wire trimming.:thumbsup2:

Got out today to do a carburetor sync. It is wonderful how well it goes with new diaphragms in place.

Followed that up with some fresh coolant and an all-around check up.

Now we need a good rainy day or two to get the salt and sand off the roads. Saw a lot of bikes out on the roads this weekend, but I can wait.