IGNORED

Venture Sighting

Karaboo

Saw a 1st gen parked next to my cage when I came out of Fleet Farm in Menomonie, Wisconsin, yesterday afternoon. My wife talked to the owner when I was in the store. She was curious because it was the same blue (fastest color) as my 1990. Turns out it was an '89 with a local owner. He told her he wasn't a member, but has been on the website a few times, looking up tech tips and general information.

Now the sad news. I did not get any pictures. I will not let this happen again. Please don't hurt me! I should have waited for the owner to come out and ask if I could snap a few. My wife did tell him he should join and make it to some of the rides. We'll see.

:safemotorcycle:

Dear Person Who's Bike Boo May or May Not (read below for explanation) Have Seen:

Our club has some goofy forum rules that state: "No Pictures = It Didn't Happen". There are also some just as goofy picture Police that patrol our Club's forum's that, if they find this thread, will be glad to cite our friend Boo. It would be kind of you if you grabbed a Trial Membership and slipped a couple shots of your scoot in here - this bunch of lop eared Venture loving varmints are ALWAYS looking for riding examples of the finest touring machine ever built, love to meet new folks AND,, think of what you would be doing for poor ol Boo:big-grin-emoticon:

Can I just say i have been thru alot of threads in here but i just have to ask did you all escape the Pennhurst Insane Asylum?:mugshot: Just curious... But this is prolly gonna be one of the better groups I have seen... I have a feeling it will be the best 12 dollars a year I will ever spend... But im confused tho what is the difference between 1st.2nd.and 3rd Gen.... like what are the years of them... well all its been good reading some of these post gets my mind off the 1200 I spent this year to enjoy 3 months of riding... plus something else i discovered today while tearing into my bike.... makes a person hotter then:225: from now on I will do my own work..... end of rant!!!

Hey Greg

Just go to the "History" button at the top of the page here on the task-bar and push it. It explains the history of the Venture and the years of the Gen's....

I've always thought this bunch has it wrong.....the 1st gen is the 1981 XS1100H Venture......:whistling: So the 1st is actually the 2nd. :hihi:and the 2nd is the 3rd :witch_brew: and there isn't a 4th yet but I heard it from a guy that knows a guy that works in the basement of a Yamaha Warehouse just outside of western Mongolia and he heard two janitors talking and.............:stickpoke:

Good for you to read the history of the Venture/Tour Deluxe but in a nutshell... (link to history - check tabs for different years - http://www.venturerider.org/history/index.php )

1st Gen began production in '83. Think the last 1st Gen rolled off the line in '93. It had a frame mounted fairing (well...you know this since you have one).

2nd Gen began production in '99. Between '92 and '99 there was a Royal Star produced which looks a lot like a 2nd Gen and the Tour Deluxe had a run. Production of the 2nd Gen ended in 2013. 2nd Gen has a fork mounted fairing.

3rd Gen .... since probably 2010 (or earlier) there have been rumours that Yamaha has been developing the next model touring bike that will be released "next year" (in 2010 rumour was that it would be released in 2011; in 2011 it was rumoured to be out in 2012; etc; etc).

First model years of the 1st Gen and 2nd Gens had some common issues that were resolved by the 2nd or 3rd year of production. Hopefully you've read the thread for the 1st Gen, it will tell you areas to focus on (eg: 2nd gear issue and in your case possible frame issue). Here is a link to the 1st Gen (read only) tech article for known problems. In the "read only" section there are lots of tips and guides to doing your own maintenance - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?1066-A-list-of-known-problems-on-the-First-Gen-Venture. You should also go thru Skydoc's thread on things to check - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?65738-Things-I-would-Check! .

The read only section with separate sections for different areas is http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?13-First-Gen-Tech-Library-READ-ONLY!

As a suggestion, if you find you need to replace parts post what you are looking for here before buying it somewhere else. Some members have spare parts. And remember, plastic can be repaired or rebuilt in some cases.

Hey Tooch,, not to say that you are wrong,,,, I wouldn't do that,,, you are bigger than me,,,, but what is written, is written. 1st gens start in 83, but I would like to help out here, so if you would like to see that xs100h in the line up,,, we could call it a prototype. We just can't go back and change all the wording over the last 10 years and then try to change peoples minds as well. On second thought though, we could give the job to Puc, that way he can be kept busy and feel useful at the same time.

Well Carl

You know Puc........he'd want stickers & antlers on ALL of them....then you would have to photograph everything and use all kinds of......

:cry::sun1::bang head:.:moon::no-no-no::rasberry::bighug::usa::icon_lurker::icon_smile_question:moon::sun1::parrots::Bunny2::Laugh::hurts::mo money::santa::bobby::bobby::scubadive::thumbdown::thumbdown::scared::bobby::photographing::mugshot::225::225::95::95:

And then a few of those......:900[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]:

and a couple of......

:You_Rock_Emoticon::sign13::beersign::1hotsht::worthless:

And you know he would add at least.......:group cheers::wow::63::325:

And he would finish it off with a YouTube video of Donny Osmond singing "Puppy Love" live at a Meet and Eat with YammerDan, while he ate a 1/4 pound Hot Dog in the White House parking lot.....and no one would have any idea what a motorcycle was by the time he was finished.....never mind the 1st Gen or whatever thing!!!

:stickinouttounge:

It's an idea that's got my vote........Hey Puc.....get busy!

Can I confuse the issue some? :confused07::confused07:

Within the ranks of the 1st Gens, there are the Mk 1's and Mk 2's. Former were from 1983 to 1986, latter from 1986 to 1993 ish.:icon_lurker:

MK1 are from 83 to 85, and then the saddle bags were changed and the power-plant went from a 1200 to a 1300 and they were called MK2.

The 1200 were\are the fastest, so fast in fact that Yammi couldn't keep up, so they slowed things down a bit with the 1300, then in 99 after 7 years of soul searching they came out with the 2nd gen and all 'get up and go' got up and left,,,,Now if you have a 2nd gen you can maybe well imagine how fast those MK1s are.

As usual, there is some truth to this story, and maybe some facts.

I thought I might be helpful seeing as Puc seems to have taken a furlo.

Good for you to read the history of the Venture/Tour Deluxe but in a nutshell... (link to history - check tabs for different years - http://www.venturerider.org/history/index.php )

1st Gen began production in '83. Think the last 1st Gen rolled off the line in '93. It had a frame mounted fairing (well...you know this since you have one).

2nd Gen began production in '99. Between '92 and '99 there was a Royal Star produced which looks a lot like a 2nd Gen and the Tour Deluxe had a run. Production of the 2nd Gen ended in 2013. 2nd Gen has a fork mounted fairing.

3rd Gen .... since probably 2010 (or earlier) there have been rumours that Yamaha has been developing the next model touring bike that will be released "next year" (in 2010 rumour was that it would be released in 2011; in 2011 it was rumoured to be out in 2012; etc; etc).

First model years of the 1st Gen and 2nd Gens had some common issues that were resolved by the 2nd or 3rd year of production. Hopefully you've read the thread for the 1st Gen, it will tell you areas to focus on (eg: 2nd gear issue and in your case possible frame issue). Here is a link to the 1st Gen (read only) tech article for known problems. In the "read only" section there are lots of tips and guides to doing your own maintenance - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?1066-A-list-of-known-problems-on-the-First-Gen-Venture. You should also go thru Skydoc's thread on things to check - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?65738-Things-I-would-Check! .

The read only section with separate sections for different areas is http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?13-First-Gen-Tech-Library-READ-ONLY!

As a suggestion, if you find you need to replace parts post what you are looking for here before buying it somewhere else. Some members have spare parts. And remember, plastic can be repaired or rebuilt in some cases.

Yeh I just recently bought a slide that i was told they dont make i got NOS for $75 bux which had the diaphragm i paid 98 bux for when i had it serviced so i got the slide and diaphrahm the way the sell it with the slide for 1/3 the cost but thats where i came as mad as a hornet the other day.... and cowpuc giving me hell of a deal....

Hey Tooch,, not to say that you are wrong,,,, I wouldn't do that,,, you are bigger than me,,,, but what is written, is written. 1st gens start in 83, but I would like to help out here, so if you would like to see that xs100h in the line up,,, we could call it a prototype. We just can't go back and change all the wording over the last 10 years and then try to change peoples minds as well. On second thought though, we could give the job to Puc, that way he can be kept busy and feel useful at the same time.

Gotta throw my two cents worth if the xs was the prototype 1 and beeing as alot of stuff the 83 has going on would be prototype 2/mk1 so basically it sounds like it took them 3 trys to get it right not knocking my 83 but Damnnnn

only one problem i had when I bought the bike that was headlight and forks leaking... rode all last year till the starter went out... I paid 1350 for it

Well Carl

You know Puc........he'd want stickers & antlers on ALL of them....then you would have to photograph everything and use all kinds of......

:cry::sun1::bang head:.:moon::no-no-no::rasberry::bighug::usa::icon_lurker::icon_smile_question:moon::sun1::parrots::Bunny2::Laugh::hurts::mo money::santa::bobby::bobby::scubadive::thumbdown::thumbdown::scared::bobby::photographing::mugshot::225::225::95::95:

And then a few of those......:900[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]:

and a couple of......

:You_Rock_Emoticon::sign13::beersign::1hotsht::worthless:

And you know he would add at least.......:group cheers::wow::63::325:

And he would finish it off with a YouTube video of Donny Osmond singing "Puppy Love" live at a Meet and Eat with YammerDan, while he ate a 1/4 pound Hot Dog in the White House parking lot.....and no one would have any idea what a motorcycle was by the time he was finished.....never mind the 1st Gen or whatever thing!!!

:stickinouttounge:

It's an idea that's got my vote........Hey Puc.....get busy!

:scared::scared::scared:

:scratchchin::scratchchin:,,,,, :think::think:,,,,,,, :lightbulb:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:big-grin-emoticon: