IGNORED

Western ny reagonal rally

BIG TOM

What, where, when.....? hippy night..? BBQ ? rides ? dinner ? raffle ? LIVE BAND ? drive in movie on bikes ? Who knows about this ? whos going? ........SOMEONE please tell me more....how do I sign up....crap .....yes I know ...I mispelled regional wrong......lol

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a rally ?? Ben´s still open ? Nahhh,,,had enough of that last year. Shady place. Will check the place across the road.

Negotiating with the Boss - who knows - I might show up !

BOB - Have U got the Black Death or should I bring some if I get a leave of absence from the Boss ?

She will have started work after the summer holiday and is actually travelling all over Europe this summer while I work my butt off in Norway and in the garden at home when I am there.

I am sorry to have to break this to Robin but I am not shipping Kristjan "The Present" around the Globe anymore, just to have him returned every time. It almost made me bankrupt !

He is staying home. If she wants him then I will mail him with "No Return To Sender". I could probably fit him in a big USPS box if I let all the air out and fold him neatly.

She will have started work after the summer holiday and is actually travelling all over Europe this summer while I work my butt off in Norway and in the garden at home when I am there.

I am sorry to have to break this to Robin but I am not shipping Kristjan "The Present" around the Globe anymore, just to have him returned every time. It almost made me bankrupt !

He is staying home. If she wants him then I will mail him with "No Return To Sender". I could probably fit him in a big USPS box if I let all the air out and fold him neatly.

Robin will be heart broken if Kristjan can't make it. I don't think mailing him would work out very well, the USPS doesn't have a very good track record with handling packages. he would probably be badly bruised by the time he arrived. I guess she will just have to deal with Big Tom....You know how ugly that can be.

OK getting back to the original post...

Why yes Big Tom, there IS going to be a big shindig in Chaffee, New York on August 25th through the 28th, with people showing up early for the event on August 24th! Because there is soooooo much going on, I'll try to describe them to you one day at a time. Today I will start with the first official day of the event, Thursday the 25th of August!

First thing in the morning we will wake the campers up, but not too early, and have breakfast at a place new to the Venturerider crowd, Strawberry Fields, where they serve GREAT breakfasts. Unfortunately, the restaurant next door to the event went out of business (yup, again) so we will have to go to the Strawberry Fields which is right around the corner. If you're into a good stroll before breakfast it is sort of walking distance, but for most of us it is better to ride up there. Here's their website...

http://www.strawberryfieldsdining.com/

The rest of the morning, and afternoon is greeting the new arrivals as they show up. I need to tell you Big Tom, that there is absolutely NO registration fees whatsoever, but we do request that you sign up on the calendar so we know to expect you AND so we know just how many of you to plan food for!! Here's a link to the calendar...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?month=8&year=2016&calendarid=1&s=

So, in the late afternoon, around 6:00 or so we will depart on a ride to the Charcoal Corral for dinner and a show, and a show! Why two shows, you ask?? Well, Thursdays at the Charcoal Corral is car show night, so for us motorheads there will be some nice looking vintage automobiles to look at! But the REAL fun is that the Charcoal Corral ALSO has a Drive In and we are going to go in and watch a movie on our motorcycles!! So pack your collapsible lawn chairs and an FM radio and enjoy the movie!!! Here's a link to the Charcoal Corral..

http://charcoalcorral.com/wp2014/

So, as you can see there is a lot happening just on Thursday, but wait, there's two days more!! I'll describe Friday tomorrow for you!!

PS Jonas, yes Black Death IS available in the "Fifth" size bottle at one of our local Liquor Stores and I will pick up a bottle or two for you! Also, there will be a coulpe of bottles of "Gas Monkey Garage Cinnamon Tequila" for you to try. Just Google it for you that are clueless as to who Richard Rawlings is or what the Gas Monkey Garage is...

Sounds like another great time planned! The last two years we came to the rally, got home on Sunday and I started back to work Monday. Instead of days of fun, I'll have three days of in-service before the school year begins. Drat, drat, drat! Will miss seeing everyone and meeting new folks!

Well Big Tom just wait until you hear about the festivities for Friday!!!

After breakfast, we are leaving on a ride at 10:30 to the town of EDEN, NY which is the home of the original kazoo factory! Eden is a nice town to stroll around in and there are several places to grab lunch, and of course ICE CREAM!! Here's a link to the official town website...

http://www.edenny.org/

And here's a link to the Kazoo Factory and gift shop...

http://www.edenkazoo.com/index.php

We will be leaving Eden at 3:30 so we can get back in time for the annual awards dinner at Chanderson's Steak House at 6:001 The food there is excellent as always! Dress code for dinner is '60's Hippy clothing which is also the theme for the big party after the diner at the campsite. At the awards dinner we are going to have a "Card Raffle" to determine who wins the grand prize worth well over $100, so that EVERYBODY has an equal chance at winning!! The grand prize is a mystery box so you HAVE to buy a playing card to find out what you might win! Along with the grand prize, there are a few other great items that will be up for auction leading up to the grand prize! Profits from the auction and raffle go to pay for the cost of the prizes, the cost of the band on Saturday (more on that later) and other freebies offered like water, etc. so bid often on the auctions!!

After dinner, as mentioned, we are going to have a great '60s Hippy party (sans the "recreational drugs" of the era) with music from the later '60s! There will be prizes for best costumes, best dancers, etc. I'm sure everybody will have a great time!!!

Please tell me more bobby.....Spragues........? Whats that?
Well, glad you asked that Big Tom!! Spragues is a place in Portville, NY where we are going to have breakfast on saturday morning, and let me tell you, the food there is absolutely delicious and the portions are HUUUUGE!!! Actually the official name of the restaurant is called "Spragues Maple Farms" and it seems like just about all the food tastes of maple syrup! Here's a link so you can see what they are about!

https://spraguesmaplefarms.com/

I need to tell you something important about the breakfast ride, Saturday, August 27th is also Ventureriders annual "In Memory Of" ride day, so we are dedicating this year's ride in memory of our beloved departed friend Ed "Freakin' Jonsey" Jones who attended several of our previous rallies. Ed will sincerely be missed!

Now, you would think that the big breakfast ride would be the only event of the day but NO NO NO!! It's just the beginning of a great fun filled day!! In the afternoon we will be having all sorts of fun games to play, leading up to a GREAT Picnic dinner catered by Chanderson's Restaurant for a VERY REASONABLE price of just $10 per person, and believe me, it is well worth the money, the food is GREAT!! But wait, there's even more!! Starting about 7:30 there will be a LIVE BAND with great music!! Be prepared to be entertained AND have fun dancing the night away!! Don't worry about looking foolish, we ALL will be doing our part at that as we enjoy the music!! Rumor also has it that there will be samplings of "Black Death" and Gas Monkey Garage Cinnamon Tequila available to those that would wish to try out!

All in all it is going to be a REALLY FUN PACKED DAY!!!

I had such a lousy time last year that I'm going to bring my wife with me this year, she thoroughly enjoys watching me suffer ! I think this will be the 5th year in a row that I've punished myself, can't wait to do it again.

OH, and yes Carl, I did call ahead and make reservations at the border station :happy34: I'm hoping that will shorten my stay there by a little bit. :innocent: