IGNORED

wiring up trunk lights

[TABLE=class: df-msginner]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: msgtxt]Well, I ordered, received and installed a trunk for my 2007 RSTD. It came with lights for running and braking. Problem is I am lost as to what to do next. How to I access the running/brake system to wire it in? Is there an access panel under the passenger seat? Do I need to drill the fender and splice in (eeek)? Or do I just run it from the trunk, under the passenger seat and then tie in under the driver seat?

Appreciate any help

Todd R.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I do know where the wires are and how they run from under the drivers seat, under the rear fender and tie to the brake light. I was inquiring on how to run the trunk wires in order to access the brake/running/turning wires. I figured, after pulling the passenger seat and looking, that I will have to run the wire in the passenger seat and then under drivers seat and tie in under the drivers seat. I think I am going to order the Aux Light Harness in from M61A1MECHto make things Easier(?)/neater. I suppose I am looking for confirmation or suggestions if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks again,

Todd R.

[TABLE=class: df-msginner]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: msgtxt]Well, I ordered, received and installed a trunk for my 2007 RSTD. It came with lights for running and braking. Problem is I am lost as to what to do next. How to I access the running/brake system to wire it in? Is there an access panel under the passenger seat? Do I need to drill the fender and splice in (eeek)? Or do I just run it from the trunk, under the passenger seat and then tie in under the driver seat?

Appreciate any help

Todd R.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Under the driver's seat to the left of the battery there should be a white 6 pin connector that connects the fender harness to the main electrical harness, this connector has the circuits for the tail light, brake light, left and right turns as well as a ground wire. As Dion noted I make break out harness for various bikes that allow you to just un-plug that connector and plug in my break out adapter that has those 5 circuits broken our as "tag" wires so you can just splice into them with butt splices.

There is room under the passenger seat to route a harness assembly, if you are interested here is a link to my section on he Vendors Classified section, I can make up just about anything you want I just need to know what you have and what you need. For ad on trunks like this I always recommend putting a water proof connector in line near the trunk, so if you decide to remove it you just unplug instead of pulling out all of the wiring or cutting the harness just to splice it back when you reinstall.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showcat.php?cat=18

I am happy to work with you to design up what ever you need.