IGNORED

Out with the old, In with the New,... scoot,

DarrinGT

After purchasing our 1997 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic back in 2011, putting over 40Kmiles on it, and doing lots of work on it, It was time to say goodby. It was sold and picked up yesterday.

Here is a pic of the day that we bought it:

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/Darrin-GT/1997%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Makeover/1996YamahaRoyalStar001_zps4b5dccf3.jpg

A couple pics of the bike after completion,..

20150507_114441.jpg

20150507_114535.jpg

Ready to sell pics,.

20160628_142134.jpg

20160628_141317.jpg

and Sold!

20160705_111558.jpg

So that is the Out with the Old,..next, In with the New,...

In with the New.

Why did we (I say "WE" but really it is my wife's bike, She just lets me take her for rides on it) sell the 97, because opportunity presented itself, in the form of an 07 Royal Star Tour Delux.

Since I own a car lot I am always shopping for inventory, well I ran across this 07 with 11K miles on it in West Virginia for $4,000.00. I talked with the owner a few times and decided it would make a nice addition for the car lot inventory, and got it for $4,300.00 including shipping. Figured I could make a cool Grand, and play with it while it was up for sale.

It was sitting in the shop when Lori came in to work on a Friday she saw it and it took her breath a little, There has not been another bike that cough both of our eyes enough to consider keeping it and selling the 97, this one did,..

Well long story short (yea, I know "too late") after a few 400 mile weekends we decided we are keeping the 07.

With that decision made I had work to to, Transfer lots of parts from the 97 to the 07 before putting it up for sale. Vance and Hines Monster Ovals, Stebel Air Horn, Truck Light LED head and driving lights, etc. But we got it done!

Pic of the bike when we got it:

20160514_085723.jpg

20160514_085746.jpg

And now with the exhaust, Headlights, Luggage rack, gauges, added a 12V charging port, Changed out the Corbin Seats for Mustangs, and a few other misc parts.

20160626_213405.jpg

20160626_213353.jpg

20160626_213424.jpg

Lori and I love the bike, We put 725 miles on it over the 4th of July weekend, so it is getting broke in well,

The next big project will be replacing the windshield with a Bat-wing Fairing, That will be coming in today. Looking forward to getting that done.

We upgraded to a 10 year newer bike, with almost 60K less miles on it. Fuel mileage is Greatly Improved, got 45 45 and 46 MPG on 3 tanks last weekend, with a larger fuel tank, cruising range is 170 to 180 before reserve, instead of 120 with the 97. Love That!!! So when it is all said and done with all of the improvements and selling our old bike it will cost us out of pocket around $1,500.00.

That is a lot of upgraded bike for not a lot of money!

Happy Riders here!

DarrinGT,

Congrats Bro. I have that exact bike, and you're gonna love it! We bought ours new in 07 and have loved it to death ever since. My wife and I have been to 20 states on ours. That red is a color that has brought a lot of attention from people when we're out travelling. I have added a ton of stuff to ours, but I haven't added the bat-wing fairing. I have thought about it and thought about it, but have never pulled the trigger. I'm anxious to see how it looks on yours. Please post pics when you get it added.

Thanks,

BIg Lenny

DarrinGT,

Congrats Bro. I have that exact bike, and you're gonna love it! We bought ours new in 07 and have loved it to death ever since. My wife and I have been to 20 states on ours. That red is a color that has brought a lot of attention from people when we're out travelling. I have added a ton of stuff to ours, but I haven't added the bat-wing fairing. I have thought about it and thought about it, but have never pulled the trigger. I'm anxious to see how it looks on yours. Please post pics when you get it added.

Thanks,

BIg Lenny

Thanks Lenny,

I agree on the color, It is what caught us as well and have already got a lot of compliments on it. For sure I will post up the Fairing install.

Looks GOOD Darren! I got a huge laugh with the new owner driving away picture! Looked like he thought he just bought a Harley, did you convince him it was one??

Thanks!

Here is the funny part, The guy riding it away was not the buyer, He was a Buddy of his, has a 200K mile Harley. He came down to test ride it for him since he needs to get his motorcycle endorsement renewed. Then he rode it home.

After the test ride he said This thing beats Harleys doesn't it,.. I said Yup,..:biker: